PDA

View Full Version : Donation option?

osluder
12-06-2008, 04:08 AM
How about a donation option under Subscribe/Upgrade (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/payments.php)? Ideal case would allow someone to specify a variable amount to donate. It would not have to carry a premium with it other than the warm fuzzy of having supported the cause.

Oskaar
12-06-2008, 01:20 PM
How about a donation option under Subscribe/Upgrade (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/payments.php)? Ideal case would allow someone to specify a variable amount to donate. It would not have to carry a premium with it other than the warm fuzzy of having supported the cause.

Very good idea. I'm sure Vicky with have some thoughts as well. People may certainly send whatever amount they feel is appropriate. We just have to figure out how to account for and properly thank the folks for doing that. I'm sure we'll come up with a workable idea.

Thanks for your idea and suggestion.

buildmark
12-06-2008, 03:31 PM
How about another label or badge saying Site Supporter? :eek: :D ;)

osluder
12-06-2008, 03:46 PM

Now don't start a fight, hear? ;D

Seriously, Site Supporter is good or just simple Donor. In any case, no need to differentiate between different donation levels.

EverGreenman
12-06-2008, 05:05 PM
I won't get into it. :fart:

But I think Osluder's idea is a great one.

::votes for Donor::

buildmark
12-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Now don't start a fight, hear? ;D

Seriously, Site Supporter is good or just simple Donor.

That's why I used the smileys, so that everyone knew I was kidding.

osluder
12-06-2008, 05:24 PM
That's why I used the smileys, so that everyone knew I was kidding.

That's what I figured. I especially liked your creative use of multiple smilies: Mock surprise fading to a sly grin. :)

Oskaar
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM

There are an abundance of badges out there for donors, supporters, advisors, etc. Based on the support forums and tech forums there are a good couple of hundred sets of them along with the ones we already have made from the set I modifed.

Osluder your thoughts are appreciated. At present it is the policy of this website to recognize people who donate, subscribe, code, author, moderate or provide services with badging/rank icons.