PDA

View Full Version : frame sizes

akueck
12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
The basic info:
Windows XP on a PC
Firefox 3.0.4
Browser window open to full screen size at 1024x768 resolution (small laptop monitor)

Ok, here's my query: Is there a way to make the frames auto-size to the browser window? The posts always bleed off to the right and I have to scroll over to read the last word or two on each line. It's not a big deal, but hey it's worth asking. :)

Thanks and the new features are fun!

Oskaar
12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
The basic info:
Windows XP on a PC
Firefox 3.0.4
Browser window open to full screen size at 1024x768 resolution (small laptop monitor)

Ok, here's my query: Is there a way to make the frames auto-size to the browser window? The posts always bleed off to the right and I have to scroll over to read the last word or two on each line. It's not a big deal, but hey it's worth asking. :)

Thanks and the new features are fun!

I don't know if you have collapsed the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the site or not (there's a little up arrow that you can click to roll it up) but that may be helpful. The forum is set to mount 95% of the available width of the resolution of your screen whatever size it happens to be. I've tried it smaller, but it's very cramped when I look at it when the horizontal width is set to 90% or below.

If you have the left side roll up menu turned off and it's still scrolling off I don't know what we can do. If this is common for others out there, be sure to chime in and I'll go ahead and drop it to 90% horizontal utilization.

Lemme know. :)

Medsen Fey
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Rolling up the side window solves the problem for me. Thank you.

wildaho
12-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Pete, thanks for the tip! I was having the same problem as Aaron and I'm running at 1280x1024, although not running full screen. If I closed my bookmarks (in FireFox) everything was fine. Now I don't have to close them.

Odinsson
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
I was also having this problem on my laptop but not at work on the widescreen. I haven't checked at home yet but It deffinatly almost centered the thread posts on the widescreen. I think this will solve the porblem at home aswell.

akueck
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Awesome, a little arrow button. That fixed it! Thanks man.