PDA

View Full Version : Meadllennium 2009

OCurrans
12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Meadllennium will be held on 24 January 2009, in Central Florida. All are welcome, so please plan to come out and help us judge & steward this event. There is no better way to sample some exceptional meads. Nice weather and good mead what a great combination!
This is a MEAD-ONLY competition, registered with the AHA/BJCP, and will be run, once again, by Ron Bach, a triple Grand Master judge with the BJCP. Entries should be categorized using the 2008 AHA/BJCP style guidelines for categories 24, 25 and 26.
Awards, made especially for Meadllennium, will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners. The Best Of Show winner will also have a special award.
There is no limit to the number of entries each meadmaker may send, and there is no limit to how many meads each meadmaker may enter in each sub-category.
This year, only online electronic entries will be accepted. This speeds up the registration process, and causes fewer errors while recording your entry information.
Cost is still $6.00 per entry. Form of payment is check, money order or PayPal.
Entries should arrive after 1 January 2009 and before 19 January 2009. For shipping address and drop-off locations, as well as all the information, go to: www.CFHB.org.

Leonora
12-30-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Howard!

We sure enjoyed your meads at the Muse Cup here in Colorado!

I've had a tough brewing year so I don't know if I'll have anything to send. But I hope you get tons of entries and have a great competition!

All the best,
Leonora/Sheron

sandman
12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I printed out my shipper tonight. I'll only have one entry for this competition, but I'm pretty pleased with it.
:cheers:

Kee
12-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Sandman, what are you sending? Curious minds...

sandman
12-30-2008, 09:51 PM
My "Semi-traditional Polish Dwojniak". Recipe is in the Patron's section and I haven't given samples to anyone who could even remotely be connected with the competition.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. I've never bothered to compete before so this is my first time. :blob10:

Kee
12-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh, that looks like a good one. Good luck.

sandman
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Done and done. Mead's are in the box, the check is in the box, and FedEx will be here on Monday to take it away. Gotta love FedEx for home pickups. I do everything online and just print out the shippers.

The only other competition I'll be submitting for this year will be Meadfest in whatever incarnation it comes in this year.

Summersolstice
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
The only other competition I'll be submitting for this year will be Meadfest in whatever incarnation it comes in this year.

Ditto - I've entered a few competions over the years but if I can't take it myself or ship it via our own company, I won't enter. It's just gotton to be too much of a PITA to ship Fedex or UPS. All the shipping outlets in my small town know me and won't accept any of my "creative" shipments.

andrewschwab
01-14-2009, 01:16 AM
5 entries shipped today!
Hope I at least get a participation ribbon for the money I spent on shipping. ;)
Really looking forward to seeing the score cards :)
This will be my first contest other then State Fair.

sandman
01-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Well, I got FedEx notification that my entry arrived today. Pretty exciting stuff putting it on the line in a competition. I gotta admit I'm pretty excited about seeing the scorecards myself. I've had two very explicit reviews of two of my meads so far and I learned quite a bit from the feedback. This time it's open competition and I get to see how I rate against other meadmakers. Of course I expect local biases to come into play, but it's still pretty cool.

sandman
01-18-2009, 01:52 AM
One week to go and all is well. LOL ;D

andrewschwab
01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Here are the results as posted!! :)

http://www.cfhb.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=26

Kee
01-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Well, I recognize one name on the results.

Congrats, Andrew!

wayneb
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey, Andrew! Way to go!!! Congrats, man!! Now make sure you enter some of that good stuff in the Mazer Cup International, so I might have a chance to taste some of it! ;)

BTW - I see that you listed no club affiliation with your entries. In the future, if you ever care to, you can list yourself as affiliated with the Gotmead International Brewmasters, Club ID #000172454. Wrathwilde went through the trouble of getting us listed as a club because it is one more way that we can spread the good name of Gotmead around to the wider brewing community, and hopefully get a few folks who haven't yet found us to stop by and check out the site.

Vino
01-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Congratulations Andrew!

if you ever care to, you can list yourself as affiliated with the Gotmead International Brewmasters, Club ID #000172454.

Wayne,

Does this apply to all Gotmead members?

wayneb
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Congratulations Andrew!

Wayne,

Does this apply to all Gotmead members?

Yes, it does. Here's the original post referring to the Club status:
http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93937&postcount=1

Thanks again to Jered (Wrathwilde) for this!

Oskaar
01-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Congrats Andrew, nicely done!