• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Meadllennium 2009

Barrel Char Wood Products

OCurrans

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 18, 2004
Oviedo, FL
www.cfhb.org
Meadllennium will be held on 24 January 2009, in Central Florida. All are welcome, so please plan to come out and help us judge & steward this event. There is no better way to sample some exceptional meads. Nice weather and good mead – what a great combination!
This is a MEAD-ONLY competition, registered with the AHA/BJCP, and will be run, once again, by Ron Bach, a triple Grand Master judge with the BJCP. Entries should be categorized using the 2008 AHA/BJCP style guidelines for categories 24, 25 and 26.
Awards, made especially for Meadllennium, will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners. The Best Of Show winner will also have a special award.
There is no limit to the number of entries each meadmaker may send, and there is no limit to how many meads each meadmaker may enter in each sub-category.
This year, only online electronic entries will be accepted. This speeds up the registration process, and causes fewer errors while recording your entry information.
Cost is still $6.00 per entry. Form of payment is check, money order or PayPal.
Entries should arrive after 1 January 2009 and before 19 January 2009. For shipping address and drop-off locations, as well as all the information, go to: www.CFHB.org.

Leonora

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 16, 2006
Loveland, CO
www.ildanachstudios.com
Thanks for the heads up, Howard!

We sure enjoyed your meads at the Muse Cup here in Colorado!

I've had a tough brewing year so I don't know if I'll have anything to send. But I hope you get tons of entries and have a great competition!

All the best,
Leonora/Sheron

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
My "Semi-traditional Polish Dwojniak". Recipe is in the Patron's section and I haven't given samples to anyone who could even remotely be connected with the competition.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. I've never bothered to compete before so this is my first time. :blob10:

Last edited:

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Done and done. Mead's are in the box, the check is in the box, and FedEx will be here on Monday to take it away. Gotta love FedEx for home pickups. I do everything online and just print out the shippers.

The only other competition I'll be submitting for this year will be Meadfest in whatever incarnation it comes in this year.

Summersolstice

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 14, 2005
Central Nebraska, USA
The only other competition I'll be submitting for this year will be Meadfest in whatever incarnation it comes in this year.

Ditto - I've entered a few competions over the years but if I can't take it myself or ship it via our own company, I won't enter. It's just gotton to be too much of a PITA to ship Fedex or UPS. All the shipping outlets in my small town know me and won't accept any of my "creative" shipments.

A

andrewschwab

5 entries shipped today!
Hope I at least get a participation ribbon for the money I spent on shipping. ;)
Really looking forward to seeing the score cards :)
This will be my first contest other then State Fair.

Last edited:

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Polish Dwojniak and Meadlennium 2009

Well, I got FedEx notification that my entry arrived today. Pretty exciting stuff putting it on the line in a competition. I gotta admit I'm pretty excited about seeing the scorecards myself. I've had two very explicit reviews of two of my meads so far and I learned quite a bit from the feedback. This time it's open competition and I get to see how I rate against other meadmakers. Of course I expect local biases to come into play, but it's still pretty cool.

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hey, Andrew! Way to go!!! Congrats, man!! Now make sure you enter some of that good stuff in the Mazer Cup International, so I might have a chance to taste some of it! ;)

BTW - I see that you listed no club affiliation with your entries. In the future, if you ever care to, you can list yourself as affiliated with the Gotmead International Brewmasters, Club ID #000172454. Wrathwilde went through the trouble of getting us listed as a club because it is one more way that we can spread the good name of Gotmead around to the wider brewing community, and hopefully get a few folks who haven't yet found us to stop by and check out the site.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns