• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

The Day after over 10 inches of snow.

Barrel Char Wood Products

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
So here in ND we are having a snow filled winter. I get up this morning to schools closed, and so much snow that the car cannot leave the yard without plowing the driveway. So I stay home and plan on starting the cleanup when the sun comes up. The boy and I get the snowblower (on a lawn tractor as our driveway is .3 miles) running. I notice after it is started that there isn't much gas, well one trip down the driveway and back, the chains fall off and I am out of gas. The rest of the day was spent quilting, watching movies and waiting for the other half to show up with gas and the pickup. Oh, well tis living this far north. Just need to start storing up mead supplies so I can make a batch on days like today.

wildaho

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 22, 2007
McCall, ID
wildaho.blogspot.com
I feel your pain ND. Around xmas time we had about 2.5 feet of snow and temps in the minus -10 range. Then it warmed up and rained. Then snowed a foot. Then rained. Then snowed another foot. Back and forth like that for the last two weeks. There's maybe a total of a foot and a half on the ground now. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice (today was gorgeous) but Sunday it's supposed to start snowing again. I think I'd better go to the hot springs (with a bottle of mead of course;D) tomorrow before it sets in again.

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
The quilt pattern is called sawtooth cats, my mom does quilts and my friend, so me like a crazy person thinks it would be fun to make one for my daughter this year as she graduates. Tis going to be a project.

Oh well we are supposed to have another storm starting on Sunday again, I don't really think we have missed more then one week since after thanksgiving of snow, and next week we go frigid...:cool:

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
That's a cool pattern. I don't have the patients to do anything that detailed. I like the simpler patterns. The kids always seem to spill things on my big projects before they're complete so I don't try anything I'm not comfortable throwing in the wash.

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
Thank you, have 2 cats done and 7 almost. My daughter is the artist and I couldn't come up with enough color combos, so I have enlisted her help, now I will have to finish all 20 cats for us to even get an idea of where we will put all of them. I am not that good on the color thing:D

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You'll have to post pictures when they're done. I bet it will be amazing.

I have a few that I need to send to someone with a long-arm. I don't actually quilt myself; I just like piecing. Besides, nothing I do warrents handsewing. I just do Lover's Knots, Disappearing Nine Patches, and the like. I haven't touched them for a good year now. It's probably a good time to since my carboys are full and everything's bulk aging.

ndbrewlady

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 18, 2008
Burlington, ND
I finished four sawtooths today. Couldn't get Cass to stay with the rule of darks and lights, now I see why the rule is there. She will have to pick out new colors for three of them, they just do not fit without the right contrast.

I have never quilted myself, but my Mom bought a long arm last year, she is practicing right now so she will be ready when the time comes.:) It is nice to have help.;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns