PDA

View Full Version : Question on fist batch

CrawGator
01-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Hello all,

I'd like to do my first batch of mead. I would like it to be sweet with not as much dry taste. Seems people looking for similar results use Orange blossom honey.

I'd like to do 1-2 gallon batch and was thinking of ordering a few 1 gallon jugs for primary and secondary.

Can someone suggest the proper ingredients abd fermenters?

Thanks!

akueck
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi there and welcome to the GotMead? forums!

I'd suggest you go to the main site (not the forum) and find the NewBee guide to mead. There is a whole section about equipment you need, another one about different kinds of honey, etc etc. Then you can peruse the brewlog section of the forum or the recipe section of the main site and find sample recipes. Pick one you like, and then we can start you off from there.

Quick hint, the sweetness level doesn't depend so much on the kind of honey you use, but the honey will determine the flavor. Some flavors are "sweeter" than others, even if the sugar content is the same. Orange blossom is a good honey to start with though, so you can't go wrong there.

CrawGator
01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi there and welcome to the GotMead? forums!

I'd suggest you go to the main site (not the forum) and find the NewBee guide to mead. There is a whole section about equipment you need, another one about different kinds of honey, etc etc. Then you can peruse the brewlog section of the forum or the recipe section of the main site and find sample recipes. Pick one you like, and then we can start you off from there.

Quick hint, the sweetness level doesn't depend so much on the kind of honey you use, but the honey will determine the flavor. Some flavors are "sweeter" than others, even if the sugar content is the same. Orange blossom is a good honey to start with though, so you can't go wrong there.

Thanks! I'll check it out!