PDA

View Full Version : Label forum

Xixist
01-31-2009, 04:35 AM
I may be ignorant and have yet to discover such but I thought it would be nice for the forums to have an area to discuss labels and logos. I find one of the most satisfying chores of mead making is designing the labels for my bottles. What began as artwork led to research that taught me of the historically regulated manor of displaying information upon wine labels. This, in turn, led to more artwork.
Thanx for listening, Xixist

Oskaar
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I may be ignorant and have yet to discover such but I thought it would be nice for the forums to have an area to discuss labels and logos. I find one of the most satisfying chores of mead making is designing the labels for my bottles. What began as artwork led to research that taught me of the historically regulated manor of displaying information upon wine labels. This, in turn, led to more artwork.
Thanx for listening, Xixist

Generally we do discuss labels in The Hive. We'll get a flurry of activity for a few days then it goes for quite some time before we have another conversation/discussion topic out there about labels. I'll keep an eye on it for a while and if it seems like the subject merits an additional forum I'll speak with Vicky about it.

Right now we're trying to condense the forums down to a more manageable, intuitive and navigable collection of topics. I'm slowing going through the different forums and combining similar subject matter into proper discussion topic forums, moving threads from one forum to the next, etc. I'm also removing forums that don't have a lot of discussion and moving the posts into forums that have similar on-topic threads already going.

Cheers, Oskaar

Xixist
02-02-2009, 04:17 AM
I totally understand Oskaar, and thanx for the reply. I shall post further label and promotional threads in the hive. Xixist

andrewschwab
02-03-2009, 02:34 AM
work,work, work, thanks for all the hard work folks:)