• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Meadworks ~ Pics

Barrel Char Wood Products

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
..Wrathwilde's new and improved Meadworks. Shelving and Craftsman Chest are new. The meadworks have been consolidated, from 3 rooms to one, from 4 storage bins of supplies to one Craftsman Chest. It's not quite finished, the 4 foot section between the corner units will be getting a butcher block shelf, the Bottle Capper, Corker, Enolmatic & Filters will all reside there. The Red portions of the Capper and Corker will receive a few coatings of black Plasti Dip, as will the bottle tree to make them less tacky and more in line with the rest of the decor.

..This is my Dining Room believe it or not (apartment) with the kitchen table removed to facilitate the pics. The Demijohn & kegs next to the stove are empty, no full carboys, kegs, or demijohns will ever be stored there.

..Meads are as follows. Syrinx has 3 gallons of elderberry and 5 gallons of Macadamia Nut in my Meadworks. I currently have 5 gallons of pineapple mead from '05, 24 gallons of Sourwood~Snowberry~Meadowfoam, 3 gallons of a Blueberry Melomel and 3 gallons of Macadamia Nut~Snowberry bulk aging. I also have 6.5 gallons of Acerglyn and 6.5 Gallons of Cyser settling.

Anybody else willing to put up some meadworks pics? Use this thread.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Last edited:

EverGreenman

Forest Dweller with a Wine Cellar
GotMead Patron
Nov 4, 2008
Pacific Northwest
nOice setup man!!! and in an apartment? daaaaamn!

also I'm intrigued by the macadamia mead...how's that taste?
what's the poster for in the background of the second one? (I collect show posters)

aaaaaand since you invited pictures...be sure not to laugh and shake your head to hard at the ridiculousness of this setup...wouldn't want you getting whiplash.

MEAD.jpg

this is how we make our musts here in the forest...

n82301038_30363096_2043.jpg

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
also I'm intrigued by the macadamia mead...how's that taste?

..Not Sure how it tastes currently, Once the gravity stabilizes and I label it for bulk aging it doesn't get opened for at least a year. It tasted good when I took the final reading, I'll let you know in about a year.

What's the poster for in the background of the second one? (I collect show posters)

The Poster is an original "blank" lithograph from the Rolling Stones concert tour in 1969 (my birth year). Blanks are the posters without venue information which would be added at a later time.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

EverGreenman

Forest Dweller with a Wine Cellar
GotMead Patron
Nov 4, 2008
Pacific Northwest
The Poster is an original "blank" lithograph from the Rolling Stones concert tour in 1969 (my birth year). Blanks are the posters without venue information which would be added at a later time.

Oh cooooool!!! Is it signed and numbered? I have a couple old Rolling Stones posters, they had some great ones! One of the gems of my collection is for a Janis Joplin show with Big Brother and the Holding Company and New Riders at the Fillmore East (NYC) that same year ('69). She stands totally newd juxtaposed in front of a giant sticky ganja plant. Ticket prices are $3-5. Its tits. Literally.

sorry to digress...:rolleyes: :p

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Oh cooooool!!! Is it signed and numbered?

..Unfortunately no, it's just from a stack of blanks that had been found in a warehouse about 5 or 6 years ago. No Idea how many they found, it was in near perfect condition as they had been stored flat, just some yellowing at the edges from age.

..The only signed and dated print I have is a Cooper from a Lords of Acid Concert, 124 of 150.

Lords of Acid Print probably not safe for work. Photo was taken at an angle to avoid flash glare. Here is a better image of the Rolling Stones Poster as well. Also NSFW

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Last edited:
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns