PDA

View Full Version : Mead Chiffon Cupcake Recipe (WOW!)

Brad Dahlhofer
02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
One of our customers brought this blog to my attention. This woman made a mead chiffon cupcake and posted the recipe as well as pictures. It looks incredible. I wish I could bake.

http://doghillkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/mead-honey-wine-chiffon-cupcakes.html

akueck
02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
That's some awesome free press right there! Sounds really yummy too. Wish the recipe called for more than a few oz of mead, but I guess it's hard to make a solid cake with more than a little liquid.

Do you guys do food pairings at the meadery?

Brad Dahlhofer
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
We've brought in some cheeses and crackers to serve with the mead, but nothing too fancy yet. I was surprised to find that our Vanilla Cinnamon Mead paired very well with soft blue cheese.

capoeirista13
02-23-2009, 02:15 PM
This is what one person said in response...

"These look amazing! I have never tried/used mead, but now I must!"

Nice!

akueck
02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
These look amazing! I have never tried/used mead, but now I must!
Watch out what you say, the punsters are afoot! If we can't get them to heel, this thread will get kicked to the curb!

Medsen Fey
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Watch out what you say, the punsters are afoot! If we can't get them to heel, this thread will get kicked to the curb!

You make a very good punt, and you'll have a vicious threadjack to boot. It socks when that happens because you can't back pedal once it starts. Of course enough of mine have been jacked that I don't mind if the shoe is on the other foot for a change. :)