• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

informal mead compatition

Barrel Char Wood Products

docdean1

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 11, 2009
san diego,ca.
ok so a handful of friends and me are gearing up for an informal mead competition between us near the end of the year,its pretty much gonna shadow the rules for the real competitions,my question is for the judges...is there a way to kill the taste of the mead you had previously before going on to try the next sample you judge so it doesnt interfere with the consecutive samplings. kinda like when people sample perfumes and colognes they use coffee beans to reboot thier sense of smell?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We use rolls, French bread, etc, to clear our palates. You can just pull up the sleeve of your shirt or take a tablecloth and sniff it as well. Plain, unspiced rolls/loaves of bread work very well to clear the palate.

Let me know when you're planning on doing this by PM as I may be in the general area. I still owe Welder a visit too.

Cheers, Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns