PDA

View Full Version : Search Button

huntfishtrap
03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi guys, I've been trying to be a good noob and reading a lot in the forums. I have read somthing in a link about 2 different ways to search and one being better than the other. I think I am using the wrong one, as I don't think I get very many results for something I would think would have a lot of hits. I have combed the screen and I am just not able to see any other way to do a search. Could someone please post a screen shot of where this other search button is located? I am using the one in the green bar.

Thanks

osluder
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Likely the advanced search was being referred to. On the pull down search menu, there is a link to the advanced search, but here's the URL too: <http://www.gotmead.com/forum/search.php>. -- Olen

huntfishtrap
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks Olen!

Oskaar
03-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Many of the "you're using the wrong search button" posts were from the old SMF forum where people were using the site search button (which yielded hits from the main site content rather than the forums) instead of the forum search tool.

In the vBulletin forums we have just one search button, and the advanced feature is listed under the search selection. There is also a thread search tool which will give you options to search the thread or the forum at large as well. It's much more intuitive in my opinion than the SMF search tool.

Cheers, Oskaar