PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake hooch got me thinking...

Displaced Hick
05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
I was reading the thread on the rattlesnake hooch and remembered I conversation I was having with my brother. It seems a friend of his has been living in China for the last 5 years and picked up a bottle of "wine" on a trip to Mongolia. The wine is made by fermenting horse milk. I have met this friend a few times back when we all lived around Golden.

What is the strangest alcohol you have ever tried or that someone you know has ever tried?

wildoates
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't much want to contemplate what strange things people have fermented, but I do have a story... Today I found a couple of carboys on Craigslist, along with the rest of the winemaking equipment a lady was getting rid of, including...TEN JARS OF WELCH'S GRAPE JELLY.

She made wine out of GRAPEJELLYFORCRYINGOUTLOUD. :eek:

Is it me, or is that just, ewwww?

Not as bad as a snake in a bottle of liquor, but still. GRAPE JELLY?

Is there some recipe for that on the internet somewhere?

I guess I could check, but I don't want my computer to think I've gone daft.

afdoty
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM

You never tried my attempt at a cyser made from Costco "organic apple" juice. Talk about ewwwwww..........

wildaho
05-09-2009, 12:47 AM

You never tried my attempt at a cyser made from Costco "organic apple" juice. Talk about ewwwwww..........afdoty,

A helpful hint! Instead of hitting the "Reply To Thread" button at the top of the thread and adding BBCode, use the "Quote" button in the individual post instead and delete what you don't want in between the start and end tags. It's pretty foolproof that way.

You've got the first part of the BBCode to start things off but you need to close the tag at the end of the quote with a [/quote] at the end.

Yeah, I know. Details, details, details! But it will make your posts much easier to read! It's hard to separate YOUR content from the quote otherwise.

:cheers:
Wade