PDA

View Full Version : Bnektar gone Yo?

Yo momma
07-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Just to get this out there before it hits the stores............Bnektar and I are going to brew Yo's Strawberry Pizzazz, and it should be in stores in the fall. What a wild idea but whenever someone tastes it they wonder why I haven't done it yet. So here goes and get some for yourself! :)

wildoates
07-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Woot!

What a great fun opportunity for you, Yo! I can't wait to hear how it goes in the next few months.

skunkboy
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Very cool, lots of different small batches, and outsider brewers.

Yo momma
07-22-2009, 06:16 AM
Hey Skunk, you coming to mead day at the meadery? If so I will be bringing a sample of it you can try.

I'm so nervous and exited at the same time. I'm hoping everyone likes it as much when it hits the stores.

Kee
07-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Very cool! Congrats.

Brad Dahlhofer
07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Mead Update:

The mead is underway and fermenting like a bat out of hell. The strawberry selection is key to this mead. Yo went above and beyond to source the very best berries he could find. The honey is a Michigan wildflower from Windmill Hill Farms in the thumb area of Michigan. Their honey is raw, unfiltered, and unpasteurized. I'm very excited about this batch which of course we have appropriately named "Yo Momma's Strawberry Pizazz". I'm sure the name will require some explaining to customers, but the story is half the fun. :)

wildoates
07-30-2009, 01:26 PM
!!!!

Good news, auspicious start to a fine mead. :)

Yo momma
07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Well...*shaking in my boots*...... I am hoping that it sells as well as everyone likes it. Brad and Paul is one of the best mead makers in the business. They take great care to make sure everything is the way it should be. Gratz to them for taking this one on and going public. I love them guys. Anyone in the lower half of michigan should make it to mead day at the meadery! I would love to see more real mead makers out there come and give Bnektar the input they need to become greater than they already are.

skunkboy
08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Hey Skunk, you coming to mead day at the meadery? If so I will be bringing a sample of it you can try.

I'm so nervous and exited at the same time. I'm hoping everyone likes it as much when it hits the stores.

"Doh!" Yeah, I missed this post, but I got to meet Yo momma!

Brad Dahlhofer
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Yo,

You did an awesome job on Saturday. For those that don't know it, Yo Momma did 3 meadmaking demonstrations at our Mead Day party last Saturday. Everyone loved it. Thanks for all your help. YOU ROCK!

Yo momma
08-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks Brad you rock also............
It was nice to see so many new faces and the interest of all who seen how easy it is to make a standard mead. So many of them bought some honey and went to start there own batch. That was a great idea on your part to get people interested in Mead. Now if there mead turns out good, how many un-knowing mead lovers are they going to incoorperate into next years event? Lots I am suspecting. It was a huge success as well as Skunks mead. I understand now why he won first place with it. Hope next year my Strawbaerry will be still available for people to try....mmmmmm!

Brad Dahlhofer
10-27-2009, 11:45 AM
It's almost here.

We bottled the batch a few weeks ago and it's already great. It has a very forward strawberry aroma and flavor. There's a bit of tannin from the seeds which adds such an incredible complexity to this sweet mead.

We got our label approval (and I'm a little surprised that the feds didn't have a problem with the name Yo Momma...) and the labels should be here early next week. They should be on the bottles a couple days later and HOPEFULLY ready for sale at next weeks open house.

storm1969
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
That's good.

Strawberry mead is a great thing!

Every batch I make has an incredible strawberry nose and flavor.

My latest is almost dry, and might be the best yet.

Good luck!

wildoates
10-27-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd love to see a photo of the label, Brad!

Brad Dahlhofer
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
In good time. :)

The truth is, I don't have it on this computer. ;)

Yo momma
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
This is one of the most exciting events this year, for me anyway. I am hoping to be at the first tasting to see the look on peoples faces when the feel the *wop* of the flavor when it hits there tongues. OOOO WWEEEEEEEE! *back flips* then *ouch my Back* LOL!

Fishbone
10-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Brad, do you ship to Virginia?

skunkboy
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
So this is going to be released on Nov 6th? OOooo....

Brad Dahlhofer
10-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Brad, do you ship to Virginia?

I'm pretty sure we do. The only state I know we DON'T ship to is West Virginia.
We're actually working with a local company that does online wine sales, and I think they ship to just about anywhere but WV.

capoeirista13
11-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Whoa, does this mean that you ship to PA now???

Also I just saw the facebook post about a limited edition strawberry melomel, I'll assume that means Yo's strawberry.

wildoates
11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Brad just said that it does!

capoeirista13
11-05-2009, 11:27 PM
just ordered a vanilla cinnamon and a margarita mead, I can't wait!

wildoates
11-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Post a review once you taste them!

Fisher kel Tath
11-06-2009, 01:29 AM
I wish I had the cash right now to just go pick up a couple bottles, both stores in town carry your meads, and I always prefer to drink locally...(which is why I spend more on Bell's Beer than is healthy...)

Smarrikåka
11-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Great video.

capoeirista13
11-06-2009, 02:39 AM
I've been waiting to taste the cinnamon vanilla one ever since I read the description on their website so I could put it into my paper for class, lol, but shipping wasn't available to PA at the time. I will definitely post a review of the ones I've tasted. I also wanted to order a bottle of the strawberry but that didn't come up in the options when I checked, so I got the margarita one instead b/c I'm interested how the citrus zest will impact the flavors.

Yo momma
11-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Yep thats the one. It turned out fantastic. Brad and Paul really know there stuff. I think it will sell very fast once people try it.

mors
11-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Tried some of the Strawberry Pizzazz at the tasting tonight, loved it. Picked up a bottle for myself as well...also learned of this site...so i decided to register ;-)

wayneb
11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Well then Welcome to the "Gotmead" family, mors! Glad you found us!! ;D

capoeirista13
11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
got my orders today, if only I had remembered to get a wine bottle opener, alas, now I must wait until the weekend

Brad Dahlhofer
11-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Thanks to everyone for their support. I checked the winebuys.com website just a minute ago, and I'm happy to say that Yo Momma's Strawberry Pizzazz is now available for shipping across the country (sorry WV, not you).

Go to www.winebuys.com then search for "nektar".

SPECIAL 5% OFF
If you use this coupon code, you'll get 5% off your entire order.
Coupon Code: BN1030
Use it at checkout.

Cheers!

akueck
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow, I'm glad I checked here just now. Yay for coupon code!

Sorry Yo, didn't buy a strawberry mead. But an OB, VanillaCin, and Wildberry are on the way to me. ;D