PDA

View Full Version : Patience

Johanneskai
07-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Ok, so now I learn what real patience is. I bottled my Wildflower Vanilla Hydromel yesterday, against the recommedation of the help that I received. I was told to wait one more - two more days, a week. Well the Vanilla hydromel is fining well in the bottles, but so is the Maple Flower. If I had only waited a bit, the Vanilla would have fined just fine in the gallon carboy. Now I have extra lees in the bottles.
The reason why I am telling you this is that I want you to learn from my impatience!
I know that I will enjoy what I have. Lees is not bad. But remember keep cool and focus on what you want!!!!

Medsen Fey
07-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I suspect that hardly a one of us has not bottled some a little too early at some point. :)

Patience is the toughest ingredient to find for your mead, and perhaps the most important one - it's kind of funny how they rarely write it into the recipe.

Dan McFeeley
07-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I remember years back on the venerable Mead Lovers Digest, there was a survey of factors important in meadmaking. Patience was number one on the list. :)

I'd say that one of the best remedies for becoming more patient is slowly building up the mead cellar. It's easy to wait when you can pull out a good bottle when you want it! ;D

capoeirista13
07-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Patience has been forced upon me...my drinks all taste terrible, until they taste good, lol.

Yo momma
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Still after 5 years of mead making I have some sediment in my bottles. So many meads and not so many secondary's! :)