PDA

View Full Version : Hilariously Ignorant Beer Article

akueck
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
This was posted on the B3 forum (and assuredly can be found all over). Thought I would share.

All Beer Tastes the Same (http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/07/29/will-you-drink-beer-in-a-box.aspx)

Feel free to join in the a$$-thrashing that readers are giving the author. So far 62 pages of bile have been spewed in his general direction.

wildoates
07-30-2009, 10:56 PM
And did you see what the POTUS drank in his little meeting today with the Cambridge cop? Bud light.

soooo disappointing. Of all the good beer out there....:eek:

Kee
07-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Uh-hu. And all meads taste the same too. I'm absolutely certain if I made mead in the middle of an Arizona summer in my garage it would taste JUST like something the mentors make! Why do we even bother with yeast strains and nutrients?!

akueck
07-31-2009, 12:32 AM
I heard some analysis that said Obama was trying to pick the most "average American" of beers, to seem normal. Ah well, at least he drinks beer.

Kee
07-31-2009, 06:08 AM
Akueck, I honestly figured that's what he did when I heard what he was drinking. There was actually a section on one of the FoxNews shows today about the fact there wasn't one American beer represented - all that were served are foreign owned.

Medsen Fey
07-31-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm absolutely certain if I made mead in the middle of an Arizona summer in my garage it would taste JUST like something the mentors make!

Kee, it actually just might (refer to the HotMead Yeast Test). ;D

It does stink that no "American" beer was served. These guys are from Boston. Have they never heard of Samuel Adams ?

And as for that article; well he obviously needs to drink more beer.

akueck
07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
I thought Prof Gates had a Sam Adams light. I actually like that beer, the only light beer I can say that about.

wayneb
07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
There's some confusion in the media about that. NBC said this morning that he had the SA Light. But previous reports had him requesting a Red Stripe, and many news outlets still today are reporting that Red Stripe is what was served.

Who cares, IMHO?? :rolleyes:

CBiebel
07-31-2009, 12:12 PM
I heard some analysis that said Obama was trying to pick the most "average American" of beers, to seem normal. Ah well, at least he drinks beer.

Sad as it sounds, Bud Light is actually the most popular beer in America.

akueck
07-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Sad as it sounds, Bud Light is actually the most popular beer in America.

Don't worry, I heard it is also the best selling (by volume) in Germany too. You know the world has gone to hell when...

meadmonkey
08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
As a man who has spent his whole life on homegrown goodness, I believe that this guys little "beer" statement comes from Americans losing a sense of taste due to fast food being a way of life. I think all fast food tastes the same..... like crap. It is a sad state that we americans have brought on ourselves when we(Americans as a whole) can reduce beers to all being the same. I think the writer of that article got what was coming to him for his ignorant statement... So much for ignorance is bliss...

capoeirista13
08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Maybe when he says all beers taste the same he was referring the that basic flavor that beers have in common with one another, you know since they are made from basically the same ingredients. Kind of how a white wine isn't a red wine but you can tell they are both wine. You know?

akueck
08-24-2009, 12:57 AM
I think that's being overly generous. ;)