PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I need help...

wildoates
08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
So, I get home from work today, and to stop feeling sorry for myself about being back at work, I made this (http://www.aldenteblog.com/2009/08/cherry-clafoutis.html) recipe. But all I could think about whilst pitting the cherries and splashing deep red cherry juice all over myself was...oh, I wanna put this sweet dark juice in some mead.

Is there any hope for me? Should I see a shrink? How bad is it?

Be honest. I can take it.

:sad5:

I still don't know if I like to drink it but I SURE love making it.

socpsy
08-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Sounds like a sub-clinical case of DCD (Dissociative Clafoutis Disorder) where fantasies of mead intrude into the preparation of Clafoutis. I'd have to give you an MMPI (Mead Makers Personality Inventory) to verify. ;D

wildoates
08-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Ouch. Sounds expensive. :)

akueck
08-13-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll eat it. Send it to me for proper disposal. ;D

Oh, and I'll drink the mead too. Shame to let it cloud your mind, send it away!

Kee
08-13-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm confused! Why would you bake? Are you out of honey?!!

wildoates
08-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I really do feel a lot better about going back to work. Thanks, guys.

And by the way, I do not recommend that ANYONE make this recipe. It was awesom...errr, I mean, it was horrible. Barely edible, with its light fluffy custardy matrix and tart-sweet cherries, especially served with vanilla bean ice cream. I had to force myself to eat it--so as not to hurt my own feelings, of course.

But for now, it's back to the salt mines. I had to change classrooms from last year, and am presently trying to fit the equivalent of a 4 bedroom house with pool into a very small 2 bedroom apartment. It ain't pretty.

socpsy
08-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Ouch. Sounds expensive. :)

I work for mead and beer. :drunken_smilie: ;D