PDA

View Full Version : Arghhh.....I just found out somethin!!

Jagland
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Just now......Just this very moment....... I found out "I suck at racking"

anybody here beside me, ever get drunk while raking?

I have a bit of Newbee advise...dont try racking a 1 gallon batch with a 30 inch cane...trust me on this one. (its like trying to suck a potato threw a straw) Took the cane off, put the 3/8 tubing in..sucked just as hard as before..and wala...............I wonder if bleach gets out blackberry stain?

I think i'm gonna order the auto thingy.

Have a great day.

Regards, Jagland

fatbloke
08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Just now......Just this very moment....... I found out "I suck at racking"

anybody here beside me, ever get drunk while raking?

I have a bit of Newbee advise...dont try racking a 1 gallon batch with a 30 inch cane...trust me on this one. (its like trying to suck a potato threw a straw) Took the cane off, put the 3/8 tubing in..sucked just as hard as before..and wala...............I wonder if bleach gets out blackberry stain?

I think i'm gonna order the auto thingy.

Have a great day.

Regards, Jagland
Ha ha! well done........;D

funny how you find out daft things like that isn't it......;)

regards

fatbloke

Medsen Fey
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the person who invented the auto-siphon (http://www.fermtech.ca/) is a genius who should have a national brewing day named in his (or her) honor.

fatbloke
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the person who invented the auto-siphon (http://www.fermtech.ca/) is a genius who should have a national brewing day named in his (or her) honor.
Nah! the extra fun/enjoyment of trying to syphon through long, thin straws is half the fun......

as long as you haven't got to work or drive afterwards.....

regards

fatbloke

Kee
08-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Ha! Too funny!! My dogs try to get drunk when I start a new batch in the primary bucket. About 3-5 days in, they stand on the lid to force a little up and out of the airlock and then lick up the spill. I now have to keep my primaries on the counter, which sucks if it's a larger batch!

Jagland
08-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Fatbloke it started out as fun, but halfway through it I found myself...@$&^*$#@!$%
But oh boy what a learning experience..I cant really describe to you whats its like having blackberry wine coming threw my nose...
lol on the "No driving after racking"

Medsen I'm with you,the auto-siphon guy (or gal) gets rewarded..

Kee, that is just too funny....i'm talking a Video camera, and $10,000.00
1st prize on "Funniest home video's"

I did see while researching auto-siphon's that midwest now has one for 1 gallon batches.

By the way, when I said "I suck at racking" there was actually no-punn intended!
funny how words play together.....on to the next batch.

Regards,

Jagland

Jagland
08-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm such a newbee.......So here I am at midwest supplies home page, off to the left in a nice column, I see the heading "wine racks" Well after todays catastrophy, I'm thinking...yep thats me, sign me up, so off I go.....gzzzzzzzzz (head shaking while looking at the ground)

Did I mention Midwest has some really nice oak and mahogany wine racks for sale.

As my mead making comes to a close for the day, I know tomorrow is another day!
(and of course, I'll hit the floor running) Cheers.

Jagland

wildoates
08-14-2009, 09:09 PM
I would love to be able to point and laugh, but I've done similar things way too many times in my life to be smug.

Heh.:confused4:

Kee
08-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Wildoats, I'm with you! Notice I didn't mention my own experiences at this. ;D

wildoates
08-14-2009, 09:22 PM
And I don't even have the intoxication excuse because I've never been. My stupid mistakes are all mine, alas!