• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Got Mead Competition?

Barrel Char Wood Products

tom5head

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2009
New Hampshire
Soooo is there a way we could do a competition amongst Got Mead members? Is there a way to mail a small enough quantity to an agreed upon judge without blatantly breaking the law? I thought it would be pretty cool if there was a way we could organize something like this. Any ideas? I think this would be the only real way to get a bunch of mead types together since we are all so few and far between at this time. It would have to be at least 6 months out. Just a thought....

tom5head

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2009
New Hampshire
Organizing

If there is a legal way to do something like this I'd be happy to do the work to organize it on my own time.

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hello, Tom! Gotmead.com is the primary sponsor for the Mazer Cup. It's not a Gotmead only competition, but there are a lot of members that enter. Check out the website. If they run it in the spring again, you should have enough time to put something nice together for it.

Last edited:

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hello, Tom! Gotmead.com is the primary sponsor for the Mazer Cup. It's not a Gotmead only competition, but there are a lot of members that enter. Check out the website. If they run it in the spring again, you should have enough time to put something nice together for it.

And we will be running it in the spring again! Although it will likely be a bit earlier in the year (end of March instead of mid-April), since the date we picked last year ran afoul of too many other competitions. Stay tuned -- Pete will be updating the Mazer Cup website soon!

Kee

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
And we will be running it in the spring again! Although it will likely be a bit earlier in the year (end of March instead of mid-April), since the date we picked last year ran afoul of too many other competitions. Stay tuned -- Pete will be updating the Mazer Cup website soon!

Wonderful news! Thank you for the update.

fatbloke

good egg/snappy dresser.....
GotMead Patron
If there is a legal way to do something like this I'd be happy to do the work to organize it on my own time.
ha!, well you can all send me as much "samples" as you want - as long as the customs declaration is marked "commercial sample" and listed as 0$ value, I'll be more than happy to give you an opinion :p:p

There shouldn't be any problems this end :p:p

regards

fatbloke

tom5head

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2009
New Hampshire
Limes...

Hmmm...limes sounds interesting. Difficult to get the right balance. My first batch using citrus (orange) way over powered the honey flavor...not so much a "wine" quality but still drinkable. I'll put it in beer bottles I think in a few months....

Are you guys sharing your recipes? Or are they secrets? I'd love to see what you all did....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns