PDA

View Full Version : Diluting calculation

HoneyPotSloppily
10-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm doing a cyser and the original gravity was 1.100. I'm expecting it to finish fairly dry, and was considering diluting it slightly so it doesn't end up at 13%. What is the formula for adjusting gravity dependent on volume? I have around 7.5 gallons of 1.100 OG, which has now fermented down to 1.022 (at last reading, 2 days ago).

Much appreciated!

i

afdoty
10-20-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm doing a cyser and the original gravity was 1.100. I'm expecting it to finish fairly dry, and was considering diluting it slightly so it doesn't end up at 13%. What is the formula for adjusting gravity dependent on volume? I have around 7.5 gallons of 1.100 OG, which has now fermented down to 1.022 (at last reading, 2 days ago).

Much appreciated!

i

At this stage you’re probably better off just letting it go dry, let it age and then stabilize it with sulfites and Sorbate. You can add some apple juice in a few months to adjust the ABV. I wouldn't try anything right now, though. Anything you add could kick teh fermentaion back up.

Medsen Fey
10-20-2009, 05:46 PM
The formula is outlined in this thread. (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14201) However, I think afdoty is giving some good advice when he says to be patient for now.

Medsen