PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

JennaSaisPas
10-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Hi!

Just sticking my head in to introduce myself.

I'm Jenna, currently living in Los Angeles about 2 miles from a lovely place called The Beer, Wine, and Cheese Making Shop. I likes it! :D I tripped over the place while searching for decent baker's yeast, and have meandered back several times. Am now working on building cheesy skills and meady skills.

I went to a winery recently, and it reminded me about wine making, which reminded me about mead. I never had homemade mead, so I decided to give it a go. I stumbled across a website with a recipe eerily similar to JAO, and started that, and then heard from my honey guy about a meadmaking club in the area. While searching for that info, I found GotMead, and it's been a great read so far!

I plan on hanging out for a bit to learn and have fun making some lovely drinkies. I'm a renfest gal, anyhow - time to show my roots.

-----Jenna

capoeirista13
10-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Nice, glad you found got mead! It's an awesome site, I feel like I've learned more here than I have in some of my college classes, heh. Good luck with your brewing, I may need to pick your brain about some of those bread yeasts eventually.

afdoty
10-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Hi Jenna,

Welcome to Gotmead.......Glade you found it...;D

Darter
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
*wave. Welcome! Lotta good people here!

wildoates
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Another Californian! Woot!

Many welcomes to Jenna from Jenn!

wayneb
10-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the Gotmead family, Jenna! We hope you find yourself "at home" here!

Angelic Alchemist
10-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm a renfest gal, anyhow -----Jenna

Oh geez. Between this and the zombie apocalypse thing you mentioned on the other thread, now I'm CERTAIN we are related, or at least know one another. Welcome to the forums. These guys are a hoot and a half.

JennaSaisPas
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh geez. Between this and the zombie apocalypse thing you mentioned on the other thread, now I'm CERTAIN we are related, or at least know one another. Welcome to the forums. These guys are a hoot and a half.

Hehheh! Great minds think alike!

(did I mention that I'm planning to build a cob oven in the shape of either Jabba the Hut, a Death Star, or R2D2? ::cackling madly::

Angelic Alchemist
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Hehheh! Great minds think alike!

(did I mention that I'm planning to build a cob oven in the shape of either Jabba the Hut, a Death Star, or R2D2? ::cackling madly::

My vote is for the death star. Fer sure.

STLBrewer
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Hey, Jenna...welcome to the obsession...err...hobby! Oh, and to Gotmead?...they are a great group of folks here!!

ibwahooka
10-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Howdy Jenna! Glad to see you on the gotmead.com site.

-Shawn