PDA

View Full Version : Honey at the White House

Arcanum
11-05-2009, 06:31 PM
For the first time in history, bees are being kept at the White House (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/11/04/us/politics/20091104_BEES_SS1/) for producing honey.

That's kind of awesome. Maybe I'll write them a letter suggesting they (someone at the White House) try making mead out of it. :)

AToE
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Man, they have all the things I want, a garden, bees, a big marble house...;)

akueck
11-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Man, they have all the things I want, a garden, bees, a big marble house...;)

Giant airplane with probably the best minibar ever!

Medsen Fey
11-07-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah...and a small army of secret service people surrounding you night and day attempting to keep some crazed lunatic from trying to kill you. :eek:

Arcanum
11-08-2009, 03:56 AM
The most stressful job in the world, bar none....

WRATHWILDE
11-08-2009, 09:41 AM
The most stressful job in the world, bar none....

Nope, I think being on suicide prevention hotline would be way more stressful. Having talked three people out of it myself it is amazingly stressful, doing it every day in a big city would be mind shattering.

Being briefed, making decisions, glad handing the monied interests, and having departments to handle the heavy lifting of your decisions isn't nearly as stressful as a lot of jobs, especially knowing that even if you aren't re-elected you draw a pension of $191,000 for life, Clinton was allocated an extra $10K a year for health benefits insurance. I don't know about you, but I think I'd handle that "stress" very well. The repercussions may be greater, but to hear presidents tell it, you're effectively in a bubble, cut off from "real" world. As long as you don't give in to the "advisors" who are trying to play the fear card to advance their own agendas (and I'm sure they have gloom and doom scenarios about every subject) you should escape relatively unstressed.

Or were you talking about the SS? The plus side is that if he dies under your watch you can probably get a less stressful job as night watchman somewhere.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

wayneb
11-08-2009, 01:32 PM
my neighbor is a retired Secret Service agent. IMHO, I would never want that job!

WRATHWILDE
11-08-2009, 07:50 PM
my neighbor is a retired Secret Service agent. IMHO, I would never want that job!

Me either, but then again there is an exceeding large # of jobs I would never want. I read an article last month on the SS training, it's pretty brutal... with trainees ending up in the hospital on a fairly regular basis, usually from the hand to hand scenario testings that are pretty much kick ass or get yourself beaten to a pulp, all or nothing fights.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Matrix4b
11-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I am in favor of the President drinking Mead. White House made mead.

Or at least making it. That would be intesting, White House lawn flowers. Wouldn't that basically be a wild flower mead type?

Wonder what the mead would taste like.