PDA

View Full Version : Wtf??????

fatbloke
12-11-2009, 07:02 AM
WTF is going on with winepress ?

I tend to look at any homebrewing forums I find that have a mead section.

Over the last couple of days, winepress has been a bit of a PITA to access, but this morning it just seems to redirect to facebooks winepress page.

As I find most so called "social networking" sites a waste of space, It's got me wondering what the hell is going on ???

Medsen Fey
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Winepress has been having some server problems in the last couple of weeks that keep taking the site down. I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but obviously it has been serious. I hope its not contagious. :)

fatbloke
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Winepress has been having some server problems in the last couple of weeks that keep taking the site down. I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but obviously it has been serious. I hope its not contagious. :)
I'm glad you've got some idea Medsen, because it's been driving me mad, thinking it was something to do with my kit......

Or maybe I'd got virused, especially when I kept getting some facebook rubbish.....

Oh well, I'll just have to see what happens.

TVM for the info

regards

fatbloke

dr9
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM

Probably trying to virtualize. That's a new popular technology where you house 50 servers onto one server. It looks great on paper. But "server issues" to the user are very common during the changeover.