PDA

View Full Version : What is this container called please?

RubenAlonzo
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone, Happy Holidays and I am a first timer here though I have been interested in starting brewing mead at home for fun. I saw this container at another site and I was hoping if someone could tell me if this is a decent way to make my very first batch of JAO and more importantly, just what is this container called?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/11999-JOAM2.jpg

akueck
12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Homebrewtalk is being grumpy. :(

What does it look like? I'm going to put in an advanced guess for "growler". :)

RubenAlonzo
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi akueck, thanks for the reply, not sure if you can see the pictire that I posted but I will link the thread and it's the second one down, the poster is superiorbrew:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/joes-ancient-orange-mead-49106/

AToE
12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I think that is just a miscellanious plastic jug left over from juice bought at the grocery store.

akueck
12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Hmm, I get the same "no hotlinking" note over there. I do see a picture of the ingredients (honey, orange, yeast, raisins) but that's it. Wonder if it's a firewall thing on my end. I'll try from home too.

TheTooth
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Hmm, I get the same "no hotlinking" note over there. I do see a picture of the ingredients (honey, orange, yeast, raisins) but that's it. Wonder if it's a firewall thing on my end. I'll try from home too.

I'm having the same issue. I don't think it's an issue on your end.

Smarrikåka
12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
I'd call it a plastic carboy maybe.

It works for me if I type or paste the URL of the image it into the browser myself, and after I've done that it will also show up in the message.

TheTooth
12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I'd call it a plastic carboy maybe.

It works for me if I type or paste the URL of the image it into the browser myself, and after I've done that it will also show up in the message.

That worked. AToE was right about what it is. Now that I've seen it, it's just a leftover plastic jug from some commercial juice. It'll definitely work, but it doesn't have any special name that I'm aware of.

fatbloke
12-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Well the only image I see is the one with the ingredients. So the only "jar" I can see is the plastic honey jar......apparently, still with honey in it.......

Oh, and if there's another image being masked in some way, I can't even see a "container" in a post where something might have been moved.

either way, the honey "jar" in the second post is all I see.......

RubenAlonzo
12-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I think that is just a miscellanious plastic jug left over from juice bought at the grocery store.

Ok, thank you very much, I suspect what threw me off was that lil thing sticking out of the top of the cap. I really wish to start to making a batch (and even the wife ok'd it!!) so any help on a basic of all basic setups to make a sample batch in my garage would be of help. Thank you all so very much.

Smarrikåka
12-30-2009, 06:39 PM
That part is an airlock. Possibly a self-constructed one.

AToE
12-30-2009, 06:50 PM
If you don't have a brewstore near you to buy an airlock from we can tell you how to jury-rig one out of some tubing and a cup of water.