• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Northern California Mead Tasting!

Barrel Char Wood Products

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
It's set for February 13 in Elk Grove (just south of Sacramento), so if you're interested in attending, please PM me with your e-mail and I'll put you on the list to access the invite on FB.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Yay! We're planning on attending. Time to figure out what is hiding in my mead storage locker (aka the closet).

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Chortle! I guess we'll all be in this together, eh? Pete...we need Pete to head north for the weekend, hee heh heh

I have to find where on this HUGE site I once found a mead judging score sheet, though. I thought I saved it to my drive, but guess not.

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Ah ha! I knew I'd seen it somewhere, but didn't remember where and couldn't remember what it was called for a search.

Thanks, Wayne!

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Oh, we had a GREAT time last night. We tasted a LOT of mead over the course of several hours and everyone had fun. The favorites? In first place was B'Nektar's Wildberry Pyment, second place was Rabbit Foot's Sweet Mead, and in third place was B'Nektar's Pomegranate Margarita.

Aaron brought a bunch of his and we drank one of mine, one of Doty's (which tasted a lot like one of mine that we didn't taste because it's all gone). We also tasted some of Aaron's beer, and there's some left that I'll open later when my son comes home from Norway to sample it too.

All in all I had a blast, and we'll probably do it again sometime. Too much fun!

Michael_Ng

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 9, 2004
www.kwmeads.com
Wish I had seen this earlier... Doh!!!

I was actually in Elk Grove on Saturday night, though it was a bit late since I had to take my daughter up to Donner to play in the snow with her Girl Scout troop.

Maybe next time? =)

Michael

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
WOW! That's awesome. I'm really glad you enjoyed the meads. We've been working really hard on them. I'm also glad you got a chance to try one of our Xtra Limited meads (Pomegranate Margarita). That was a very small batch.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns