PDA

View Full Version : Must.rack.today.

wildoates
01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I've been putting it off since I've been ailing, but it MUST be done today. No more excuses, all of it's gotta be done, so if y'all see me hanging 'round here or on Facebook please chase my sorry self back down to the kitchen so I can RACK MY MEAD!

Lemme finish my brekky first though...

Kee
01-10-2010, 02:48 PM
In a mad voice: You're done! Get off the boards and go back to the kitchen!!

In a sweet voice: Oh, but before you go, what are you racking today?

wildoates
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Ooof, done, and one we didn't rack because there was nothing to rack it off of. It's hard to believe that last time I racked--back in September--I did it all by myself, no problem. This time my daughter was here to do most of the heavy work and I'm totally wiped out.

But at least they're set for another few months. I'll update the brewlogs later, though.

Kee
01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
That was pretty quick. Were you just racking off fruit/lees?

I was planning on racking/bottling myself this weekend. I didn't even bring the bottles into the kitchen. Maybe tomorrow...

wildoates
01-10-2010, 06:37 PM
We racked 3 5 gallon carboys, 1 3 gallon carboy, and 2 1 gallon jugs...just getting it off lees, letting it settle and clear.

crowquill
01-10-2010, 07:24 PM
We did a lot of racking here as well -- bottled one batch and racked four more on Saturday. I did a more detailed post about it in the patron's blog section.