• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Package Store Fail

Barrel Char Wood Products

dr9

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 12, 2009
athens ga
I sighed three times.

Tonight I walked into my local liquor store to kill time waiting for chinese food. I wanted a bottle of mead and an authentic hefeweizen. I was reading wheat beer labels until a gentleman offered to assist me.

"Do you have any mead?"

"What?"

"MEAD"

"Sorry, that's a new one to me, haven't heard of it. What is it?"

"It's like wine, but made with honey instead of grapes."

"Yeah, uh, haven't heard of that one."

He begins to walk away.

"Well," I continue, "they sell it at 5 points and Trappeze, I just don't want to drive across town if I don't have to."

"Oh... uh, hold on, let me call the owner. Voicemail, hopefully he'll call right back."

"Thanks. In the meantime, I'm also looking for a good authentic hefeweizen that isn't spiced up or added citrus."

"Um, ok, uh.... wheat beer, um, really, the guy behind the register is a big wheat beer fan, he can help you. I don't really like it that much. If it isn't from Latin America or Germany, I don't know much about it."

"Ok, thanks."

So I wait in line to talk to the young lad about wheat beer. I'm not irritated at this point, afterall, I'm waiting on chinese take-out next door, and if I'm going to spend $10 on a six pack, I don't mind waiting to get good information to make myself an informed consumer.

"Can I help you?"

"You are the wheat beer expert."

'"That's me!"

"I want a good authentic wheat beer, what do you recommend?"

He begins talking up a good beer that is spiced with coriander-

"No, I'm looking for something more authentic, just the malt and the yeast, some barley content.."

He perks up. He realizes he's dealing with a semi-educated individual.

"[You've got to try this beer XYZ, it's really a pure hefeweizen from such and such with this and that]"

"Ok, that sounds perfect!"

"Hold on" [types on computer] "It looks like we are all out of that."

"Ok, so what is comparable or 2nd place?"

"Hmm. To be comparable to XYZ, with the same such and such, this and that, blah blah, (continuing to talk about XYZ)."

"But.... you are out of that."

"Right."

Paulaner it is.

To make this thread interactive, insert your own [sighs]'s where you think I sighed. I sighed 3 times.

Last edited:

Displaced Hick

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 12, 2009
Arlington, WA
I sighed three times.

Tonight I walked into my local liquor store to kill time waiting for chinese food. I wanted a bottle of mead and an authentic hefeweizen. I was reading wheat beer labels until a gentleman offered to assist me.

"Do you have any mead?"

"What?"

"MEAD"

"Sorry, that's a new one to me, haven't heard of it. What is it?"

"It's like wine, but made with honey instead of grapes."

"Yeah, uh, haven't heard of that one."

He begins to walk away.

"Well," I continue, "they sell it at 5 points and Trappeze, I just don't want to drive across town if I don't have to."

"Oh... uh, hold on, let me call the owner. Voicemail, hopefully he'll call right back."

"Thanks. In the meantime, I'm also looking for a good authentic hefeweizen that isn't spiced up or added citrus."

"Um, ok, uh.... wheat beer, um, really, the guy behind the register is a big wheat beer fan, he can help you. I don't really like it that much. If it isn't from Latin America or Germany, I don't know much about it."

*Sigh*

"Ok, thanks."

So I wait in line to talk to the young lad about wheat beer. I'm not irritated at this point, afterall, I'm waiting on chinese take-out next door, and if I'm going to spend $10 on a six pack, I don't mind waiting to get good information to make myself an informed consumer.

"Can I help you?"

"You are the wheat beer expert."

'"That's me!"

"I want a good authentic wheat beer, what do you recommend?"

He begins talking up a good beer that is spiced with coriander-

"No, I'm looking for something more authentic, just the malt and the yeast, some barley content.."

He perks up. He realizes he's dealing with a semi-educated individual.

"[You've got to try this beer XYZ, it's really a pure hefeweizen from such and such with this and that]"

"Ok, that sounds perfect!"

"Hold on" [types on computer] "It looks like we are all out of that."

"Ok, so what is comparable or 2nd place?"

"Hmm. To be comparable to XYZ, with the same such and such, this and that, blah blah, (continuing to talk about XYZ)."

*Sigh*

"But.... you are out of that."

"Right."

Paulaner it is.

*Sigh*

To make this thread interactive, insert your own [sighs]'s where you think I sighed. I sighed 3 times.

dr9

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 12, 2009
athens ga
Your first sigh was my second sigh.

Your second sigh was my third sigh.

You are close...

By the way, Paulaner sucks. I can't believe this stuff is $10 for a 6 pack. I believe Milwaukee's Best Light has more flavor and character, and I'm not being sarcastic or using hyperbole.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns