PDA

View Full Version : A great day in the life of a homebrewing mazer

slowbie
01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Today, I had the day off for MLK day, so I got to sleep in. And the day just got better from there. Here are some great things that happened today from a homebrewing perspective:

I started out my day by deciding to take the plunge and upgrade to a patron account!

I got free yeast from a local brewery to use in my next IPA. It was my first time doing this, so I felt a little uncomfortable walking into an unmarked building to ask strangers for yeast, but they were happy to get some and they had me follow them into the brewery so I got to see their operation, which was also cool.

I then went to the grocery store and found out that they sell buckwheat honey, which I thought I was going to have to pay a lot for by ordering by mail. On top of that, I found out that my grocery store sells tons of juices with no preservatives that I am eager to put to use in my upcoming meads.

Then I found out that my LHBS does carry Lalvin yeasts, even though I used to think they did not, and when I came home I checked on the JAO and traditional meads I have going, and it might have just been my imagination, but they looked a little bit clearer than I remember. My beer was bubbling away happily too.

All in all, a great day.

:cheers:

Medsen Fey
01-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Congratulations on a great day, on on your Patron's status! Life throws a lot of grief in our direction, and when you have the common sense to recognize a good day and thoroughly appreciate it, you are on the road to happiness. Enjoy. :)