PDA

View Full Version : A follow up on my Cysers - how long should I let them condition?

DanM
01-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Good evening everyone.

A little over 2 months ago I started this thread (http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133239#post133239) regarding the two cysers I made. Just to recap, I have two batches made from a special pressing of unfiltered, unpasteurized heirloom apple cider and local unheated blueberry honey. One batch has 5 gallons of cider and 10 lbs of honey that I fermented with Wyeast dry mead yeast. The second batch was 3 gallons of cider and 2 lbs of honey that I fermented naturally.

Two months later... I racked off the cysers to secondarys and took a gravity reading. Both are fully fermented off.... 1.000! I took a ritual sip and both are amazing. How long should I leave them in the carboys to condition before I bottle?

Thanks!

Dan

wayneb
01-22-2010, 07:02 PM
In my experience, cysers only get better with age. You could leave them up to a year (if you can wait that long!!), and also throw a little oak in one for a few weeks if you want to experiment with it. You won't be disappointed!