PDA

View Full Version : Getting trolled on HBT?

dr9
03-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I want your opinions. Am I getting baited or is this guy throwing birkenstocks at Perry Ferrel (a real moron)?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/jam-here-need-some-advice-168079/

I can't tell if I'm being toyed with. I've been thinking about it for a day now, and can't figure it out.

TheRabidKumquat
03-17-2010, 12:55 AM
I think he's just over-excited and nervous, as many of us are when doing something new. His posts do seem really disjointed and confusing, though.

dr9
03-17-2010, 09:28 AM
I think he's just over-excited and nervous, as many of us are when doing something new. His posts do seem really disjointed and confusing, though.

I'm not sure how new he is, he's got a kegerator. He had a hydrometer before he broke it and got a new one. He seems to be fluent in hydrometer language.

Wolfie
03-18-2010, 04:54 AM
my bet is he's an experienced beer brewer, but never done anything else. Issues of yeasts like sweet mead yeast and never having had no unfermentable sugars in a brew is a new concept he's struggling around and he's really hoping that he can have a sweet carbonated beverage in the set in his ways he's used to using for other drinks.

Sweet carbonated beverages are notoriously difficult and if he needs help making one he needs to post his recipe pre brew before he has problems. Right now I say you stay level with him, but if he gets too dumb to handle just drop it. Probably not a troll--his spelling is atrocious though.

TheRabidKumquat
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
my bet is he's an experienced beer brewer, but never done anything else.

That's kind of what I was getting at. It seems like when most people venture out of their comfort zone into a new aspect of brewing, they panic a little bit.