PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Mead Free or Die April 24th 2010

Rikkard Von Damage
03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know this is coming up quick. Make sure to get your
entries in soon. We're expecting an even bigger event than last year. Also don't forget
The great folks at Black Cat Honey, have donated the grand prize for Mead Free or Die club of the year. The winning club, will get 660lbs, 55 gallon drum of summer Wild Flower Honey. This prize must be picked up.

http://www.meadfreeordie.com/

Oskaar
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
This is a great competition for those of you who are considering entering this year. They had a great turnout last year and I'm sure they will again this year. As a matter of fact, Michael Fairbrother is coming out to help us judge in the Mazer Cup International Competitions this year.

Mead Free or Die is also a Mazer Cup International partner competition, so those of you who win a mead categor this year may enter your Gold Medal wining mead in the 2011 Mazer Cup International and automatically be advanced to the medal round.

Cheers,

Oskaar

gr8nhbrewer
04-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Everyone Mead Free or Die is just a couple weeks away, and we are hopeful that our second year will be better than last year.

We already have more sponsors (prizes, SWAG, mead) than we had last year.

Club of the Year prize is a 660lb barrel of honey! The sponsor is willing to break it down into 60lb buckets so shipping can be an option this year (club that wins will need to cover the cost of shipping).

www.meadfreeordie.com to enter, or if you are in Southern NH on April 24th and are qualified to judge, let me know!

yabodie
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Results have posted. I am still in shock...

http://meadfreeordie.com/

Medsen Fey
04-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Congratulation Yabodie! That terrific. So what is Fraise Blonde?

Also congratulations to the Exlines! I see you had a couple of winners there.

Did anyone else here have any winners? Please step up and take a bow.

wayneb
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Way to Go, Yancy!! BoS is pretty cool !!! ;D

wildoates
04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Congratulation Yabodie! That terrific. So what is Fraise Blonde?

Also congratulations to the Exlines! I see you had a couple of winners there.

Did anyone else here have any winners? Please step up and take a bow.

A white strawberry?

Congratulations!!

Oskaar
04-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Right on Yabodie! Well done!

Cheers,

Oskaar

yabodie
04-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks folks this was my first BOS!

My wife named the mead. It had 15 lbs of pureed strawberries in the secondary for about a month and the color is a light ruby, not as dark as a blackberry.

Recipie to be posted soon.

AToE
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
How do you keep the mush seperate when you blend up the strawberries? I tried putting them in a brewbag, but a lot of the mush made it out through the cracks.

And a month, wow, long time on the fruit!