• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2nd Annual Mead Free or Die April 24th 2010

Barrel Char Wood Products

Rikkard Von Damage

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 8, 2007
Just wanted to let everyone know this is coming up quick. Make sure to get your
entries in soon. We're expecting an even bigger event than last year. Also don't forget
The great folks at Black Cat Honey, have donated the grand prize for Mead Free or Die club of the year. The winning club, will get 660lbs, 55 gallon drum of summer Wild Flower Honey. This prize must be picked up.

http://www.meadfreeordie.com/

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
This is a great competition for those of you who are considering entering this year. They had a great turnout last year and I'm sure they will again this year. As a matter of fact, Michael Fairbrother is coming out to help us judge in the Mazer Cup International Competitions this year.

Mead Free or Die is also a Mazer Cup International partner competition, so those of you who win a mead categor this year may enter your Gold Medal wining mead in the 2011 Mazer Cup International and automatically be advanced to the medal round.

Cheers,

Oskaar

gr8nhbrewer

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 17, 2007
More and more sponsors every day!

Everyone Mead Free or Die is just a couple weeks away, and we are hopeful that our second year will be better than last year.

We already have more sponsors (prizes, SWAG, mead) than we had last year.

Club of the Year prize is a 660lb barrel of honey! The sponsor is willing to break it down into 60lb buckets so shipping can be an option this year (club that wins will need to cover the cost of shipping).

www.meadfreeordie.com to enter, or if you are in Southern NH on April 24th and are qualified to judge, let me know!

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Thanks folks this was my first BOS!

My wife named the mead. It had 15 lbs of pureed strawberries in the secondary for about a month and the color is a light ruby, not as dark as a blackberry.

Recipie to be posted soon.

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
How do you keep the mush seperate when you blend up the strawberries? I tried putting them in a brewbag, but a lot of the mush made it out through the cracks.

And a month, wow, long time on the fruit!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns