• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mazer Cup International 2010 - The Results are in!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
There is white smoke rising from Boulder and I saw the results are in for the Home competition.

Home Mead Makers Results

Big congratulations to all the winners!
And a big thanks to all the people taking the time and energy to make this competition a reality! We appreciate having such an excellent competition.

Our own Wayneb gets big thumbs up for his Filleule de la Nuit* which took 1st place in the berry melomel category and was honorable mention in the best of show competition. He also took second place in the braggot category with his Braggot-docio.* :icon_thumright:

I was thrilled that the Figmead of my imagination* took a 3rd place in other fruit melomels.

I know there are other GotMeaders with some good results as well. So please step up and receive some well earned pats on the back. :icon_salut:

Medsen

* Brewlogs with recipes for these batches are in the Patron's Area

Last edited:

cam07ds

Mazer Cup International Staff
Registered Member
Sep 2, 2008
Parker, CO
Well my mead only made it through the first round I ended up with a 41.5 out of 50 which is good for me. (one of the advantages of being a steward). The recipie is here on Gotmead. My entry was my Sage N Cinnamon. However the Metheglin entries were awesome and I lost out for the win, (First place in the Meth category took BOS) but there is always next year.

I did get to taste your Figmead and it was excellent I need more! I look forward to tasting others in the future.

Wayne's Fruit Mel was also fantastic.

There were so many others its hard to remember them all right now, but it was a great event.

Steve

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
Cool, good to see that the one of Wayne's recipes I've already got aging did great, and the one I have planned to do next did even better, congrats Wayne! :)

I guess his recipes must taste as good as they sound!

Looking forward to seeing other people take credit for their wins, seeing as the winners are listed by real name I have no clue who any of them are.

EDIT: Also congrats to Medsen, I'd missed that you got 3rd on that one.

jdw03n

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 11, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Grats on your success guys :) My first mead failed to place, but I'm looking forward to getting my score so I can see what I can improve on for next time.

Awesome job!

yasuke

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 25, 2009
I guess I can unlurk.
I was the 1st place Other Fruit Melomel and other Best of Show Honarable mention.

yasuke

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 25, 2009
Adore was a pluot melomel.

Really what is interesting is to see the internationalization of the beverage.

Hopefully more of the different styles will be made here and appreciated.

Last edited:

Smarrikåka

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 25, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
www.mjodhamnen.se
I guess I can unlurk.
I was the 1st place Other Fruit Melomel and other Best of Show Honarable mention.

Was that the great Pluot melomel? If so, I saw that one in preliminary rounds too.

Glad to see you posting, which must mean that you made it home safely!

The trip home went much smoother than the one there, thankfully!

yasuke

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 25, 2009
I am glad you got a chance to taste it.
My 2 best entries for this years Mazer didn't get to make it. One stolen and consumed by UPS and the other lost in an airlock snafu.

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron

Hey, Ron! That pluot mel is absolutely outstanding. I had a sip after the first round judging finished, and it made me wish that I could have been judging mels this year.

cam07ds

Mazer Cup International Staff
Registered Member
Sep 2, 2008
Parker, CO

The Pluot melomel was fantastic! I was stewarding the BOS and got a taste. WOW!

Steve

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns