PDA

View Full Version : Golf?

dr9
04-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't play much. I went yesterday and I'm making improvements.

I can now drive about 200 yards (including bouncing/rolling/cartpath help) about 50% of the time. And of that 50%, half of those actually go straight. I found out the problem is my driver is too long. It's made for a tall person, I got it second hand. If I choke up my grip onto the metal, the ball does pretty much what it's supposed to do.

Once on the fairway, I've got a wood that will roll the ball about 150 yards at a time.

My irons are all junior clubs, and I can hit those pretty effortlessly. I never knew 5'8" was considered "short", but I guess it is, based on golf clubs.

As long as there is no water or sand traps, I'm approaching double-bogey on most holes.

I actually held onto 1 ball through the back 9 yesterday. I lost it on the 18th hole.

Being sober probably also helped. My other experiences on the course are not sober, but yesterday I went with my AA friend and didn't want to be "that guy".

jdw03n
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I haven't played golf in ages, but I've been playing disc golf lately. I suck.

dr9
04-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I played disc golf in high school in the 90's, I also sucked. My boss is an avid disc golfer.

Do they still make "Cobra" discs? I always liked Cobra discs. And Scorpions. The deadlier the animal on the disc, the better it rides the geocline.

BrewinNColorado
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I play disc on a regular basis.

Yes, they still make the cobra and the scorpion.

If either of you come to Colorado, I would love to show you the local courses.

I always say, it doesn't matter how good you are as long as you are having fun.

Michael

socpsy
04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
I quit playing about a year and a half ago (rotator cuff problems). I carried an 11 handicap at one time, but it had gone up to nearly 17. I once had chance to shoot -1 on the front 9, but was so afraid I'd 3-putt and not even shoot par that I yipped the first putt. Thankfully, I made the second. I really miss playing. :(