PDA

View Full Version : Thanks For The Forum!

Earthson
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Just wanted to say how VERY VERY happy I am to have this forum and website. I've just started making mead and the info on the site/awesome people have helped tremendously.

I can't wait to learn, drink, and have fun! ;D

Medsen Fey
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree with you! Vicky and Pete deserve great thanks for providing a site that allows learning to be fun, and where science, art, and general jackassery can meld together beautifully.

AToE
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Indeed, even the premium patron fee seems cheap after all the pitfalls I've avoided thanks to this site (and thus money). Without this place I probably would have only ever made a few small batches that would have turned out poorly.

Beave
04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
A hearty thanks from me as well. I am a recent addition to the Patrons. The way I looked at it, I payed $XXX for the equipment to make the mead, another $25 is a small price to pay for knowlege and expertise. Can't wait to feel like part of this community (read as "drinking my own mead as I discuss the art").

Angelic Alchemist
04-26-2010, 07:20 PM
It is an awesome site. I have a good number of people in the Ren community (many of which have tried to make mead in the past) ask me for tips. I always refer them to this site and Ken's book.

wildoates
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I agree with you! Vicky and Pete deserve great thanks for providing a site that allows learning to be fun, and where science, art, and general jackassery can meld together beautifully.

General jackassery?

Speak for yourself, sir. Ahem.

Okay, okay, speak for me, too, yeah, I have to admit.

Sigh.

:rolleyes:

wildoates
04-26-2010, 11:01 PM
It is an awesome site. I have a good number of people in the Ren community (many of which have tried to make mead in the past) ask me for tips. I always refer them to this site and Ken's book.

You could always refer them to that fella I met on Saturday. :)

Dan McFeeley
04-27-2010, 08:35 PM
It's a been a labor of love even since Vickie first set up GotMead something like, has it been nine years now?

Go here to see GotMead when it first went up, courtesy of the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124030100/http://www.gotmead.com/

--

sandman
04-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Jeepers Mr. Beebody! That's sure a long time and several iterations ago. Pretty a-mazing to think how we got from there to here isn't it?

(and the gauntlets are off)
:cheers: