PDA

View Full Version : My son is visiting...

wildoates
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
...this weekend, from Hong Kong. He's bringing the "one" with him to meet the mom, so this should be interesting. Definitely on the agenda? Tasting all the mead I've got going even though it's not done yet.

It looks like Daughter #2 has been accepted to grad school in the UK, so that's exciting. I might have to visit Christmas, especially since she might be hooked to a Brit by then.

And my dates for my Norway trip are set: July 19-Aug 9.

What a week!

AToE
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow, you have a very worldly set of kids there, UK, China, and was the beer brewing son in Norway? Can't quite recall.

wildoates
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes he is...and will likely stay there because he fell for a Norwegian girl. :)

I'll never ever see any of my grandchildren. :)

fatbloke
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Yes he is...and will likely stay there because he fell for a Norwegian girl. :)

I'll never ever see any of my grandchildren. :)
A lot of Norwegians are happy to move about, especially if they come from smaller towns/villages (a friend of mine is married to a Norwegian girl - who was just happy to escape "small town Norway").

As for not seeing your grand kids? just start saving the airmiles........

Where in the UK is "number 2" going ? And what's her subject ?

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Oh and on top of the airmiles, you might want to start saving as well. You would come here (UK) and think prices are high. You ain't seen nothing until you've bought a round of beers in Norway! (or anywhere in Scandanavia really) >:(

wildoates
05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
She did come from a fairly small town (Kristiansand), but she's a city girl at heart and loves both Oslo and her family, to whom she's very close. They've been together for about 5 years and it's come down to who is willing to relocate, and looks like it's the boy.

I know well how expensive Norway is--it's why I've been on a self-imposed brewing moratorium for the last several months to pay for the trip. The ticket alone will be more than US $1300. On my teacher's salary I certainly won't be making THAT trip very often.

Daughter--if everything pans out--will be headed to Hull to do history. She's primarily going there due to a fella she's got her eye on, so we'll see how that ends up.

I don't like to fly. At all. But as it's the only way to get places in a timely manner, it'll have to do. :)

socpsy
05-13-2010, 08:19 AM
My, my! You are busy!

Enjoy your son's visit!!

wildoates
05-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks, I'm sure I will. HK son just skyped to say that he's going to pop the question on a hot air balloon flight in Napa today, so I guess that settles that. They're looking forward to tasting the mead.

Now I'm off to a meeting at District, no teaching today, furlough tomorrow. 8 school days and counting...