PDA

View Full Version : Yeast Question

darthbooger
06-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Okay call me impatient but i have a batch going right now, and the only way i think i will be able to leave it alone and stop starring at it is to start a new batch now i was looking at a 1 gallon ancient orange recipe and it calls for fleischmans bread yeast, i have fleischmans pizza crust yeast?? yeah you see where this is going, now the question is should i use it? or CAN i use it??
Thanks!!!

fatbloke
06-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Okay call me impatient but i have a batch going right now, and the only way i think i will be able to leave it alone and stop starring at it is to start a new batch now i was looking at a 1 gallon ancient orange recipe and it calls for fleischmans bread yeast, i have fleischmans pizza crust yeast?? yeah you see where this is going, now the question is should i use it? or CAN i use it??
Thanks!!!
Well as the fleischmanns isn't available outside the US, those of us who're elsewhere tend to use different yeasts.....

Still bread yeasts never the less, but not the precise one that Joe recommends. He's American so probably just said about using what he could get at the local store.

The pizza crust yeast is still bread yeast so give it a go.......

regards

fatbloke

wayneb
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I agree!

But Fatbloke... reduced to a barcode!!???!! That is something difficult to come to terms with! ;D

fatbloke
06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I agree!

But Fatbloke... reduced to a barcode!!???!! That is something difficult to come to terms with! ;D
It was something that appeared when I was "stumbling" (stumbleupon extension to firefox). barcodeart.com - you just put in some details and it generates your own barcode - so I just cut the actual code and cropped/scaled it etc.

Just about sums life up really Wayne......

regards

fatbloke

akueck
06-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Having never heard of such a yeast, what are the qualities that make it "pizza crust" specific?

Chevette Girl
06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Having never heard of such a yeast, what are the qualities that make it "pizza crust" specific?

Just checked out their website, looks like it's a fast-acting yeast so you mix, knead and bake in 30 min rather than letting it rise an hour or two per standard bread yeast. Should work fine for JAO, off to a nice quick roaring start!

darthbooger
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
alright thanks everyone for the input next paycheck ima go buy some more honey =]