PDA

View Full Version : Mead as wedding favor

littleracer
06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal

jdw03n
06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I just gave mead as our wedding favors, but I made my own. It ended up being much cheaper than you could purchase. I ran a 5 gallon batch and ended up with about 45 375mL bottles.

skunkboy
06-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Smallest I've seen so far is 375 ml bottles...

tatgeer
06-17-2010, 08:15 PM
You could always find some small empty bottles and repackage it into those. It'd be a big pain, but you could do it.

If you do that, you need to be sure to sterilize the new bottles and caps and pour carefully so you don't introduce a lot of oxygen to the mead. I don't know if you're a brewer, but there are several straight-forward products you can use to sterilize the bottles.

akueck
06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Where do you live? Most meaderies are smaller operations so if you call them up I'm sure they could work out some smaller bottles for you. Might have to pay a little extra if they don't normally use that size, but it could still be worthwhile.

sattlerjm
06-18-2010, 02:09 AM
I know I saw 187ml bottles in a catalog today.

OP post your area maybe someone local can help. If you decide to fill the small bottles yourself rent a floor corker.

Brad Dahlhofer
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal

B. Nektar Meadery does this.
contact us at Three One Three - Nine Nine Nine - Five One Five Seven

irishrose
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't have an answer to littleracer's question (wish I did) but I have to say that mead as wedding favors is a great idea! Very unique to personality - as wedding/event favors should be... wish I'd thought of it!