• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead as wedding favor

Barrel Char Wood Products

littleracer

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 17, 2010
Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal

jdw03n

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 11, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I just gave mead as our wedding favors, but I made my own. It ended up being much cheaper than you could purchase. I ran a 5 gallon batch and ended up with about 45 375mL bottles.

tatgeer

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 18, 2008
NM
You could always find some small empty bottles and repackage it into those. It'd be a big pain, but you could do it.

If you do that, you need to be sure to sterilize the new bottles and caps and pour carefully so you don't introduce a lot of oxygen to the mead. I don't know if you're a brewer, but there are several straight-forward products you can use to sterilize the bottles.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Where do you live? Most meaderies are smaller operations so if you call them up I'm sure they could work out some smaller bottles for you. Might have to pay a little extra if they don't normally use that size, but it could still be worthwhile.

sattlerjm

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 1, 2009
Aurora, CO
I know I saw 187ml bottles in a catalog today.

OP post your area maybe someone local can help. If you decide to fill the small bottles yourself rent a floor corker.

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
Hello,

I am getting married this year and am looking to have mead as my wedding favors. I am lost on where to locate small bottles of mead. Does anyone know a meadery that sells small bottles of mead? I need to obtain 150-175 bottles.

Thanks for any help!!!

~Crystal

B. Nektar Meadery does this.
contact us at Three One Three - Nine Nine Nine - Five One Five Seven

irishrose

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 19, 2009
Princeton, LA
I don't have an answer to littleracer's question (wish I did) but I have to say that mead as wedding favors is a great idea! Very unique to personality - as wedding/event favors should be... wish I'd thought of it!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns