PDA

View Full Version : I give up! What is the trick?

Tannin Boy
08-12-2010, 12:08 PM
How do you do multiple quotes and quote just certain lines of a post?

I have tried the Icon for multi quotes and can't figure it out...:mad:

Still sucks to be a newbie, and from all directions too...???

Thank You...

d.j.patterson
08-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I couldn't figure it out either, so I really did give up. I didn't even bother to ask. So I look forward to the response.

Medsen Fey
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
To quote from multiple postings, you click the multiquote button of each post you want to quote, then hit the post reply button at the bottom of the page. The text from each message will be inside brackets that that have the quote and /quote commands. You can eliminated portions of text in between the bracketed commands so that you are only quoting a section of the post.

Then, of course, preview your post to make sure you have what you want showing.

I hope I'm not being confusing.

Medsen

AToE
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
When you're making a post you can highlight text and then there's a button in the line on top of the post text-box (where bold and colour and such are) that looks like a speach bubble. If you click that while text is highlighted it will put it into a quote.

Tannin Boy
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I couldn't figure it out either, so I really did give up. I didn't even bother to ask. So I look forward to the response.

I hope I'm not being confusing.

Thanks Guys!!! Hmmmm, Now where them names go????:confused:
Do I need to click and copy then paste name of poster as well...Looks to be?
Well, now I at least have a starting point...

Medsen Fey
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
If you use the multiquote, the name of the original posters will be included.

Tannin Boy
08-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks Guys!!! Hmmmm, Now where them names go?

Well, That doesn't work???
I know it's me, but these icons do not like me???? I'll keep playing and get it sooner or later....

aczdreign
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
like this
{quote=Aczdreign}like this{/quote}

if you use multiquote and be sure to ONLY edit the text IN BETWEEN the quote commands, you'll be golden.

Tannin Boy
08-12-2010, 01:30 PM

if you use multiquote and be sure to ONLY edit the text IN BETWEEN the quote commands, you'll be golden.

Well, That doesn't work???
I know it's me, but these icons do not like me???? I'll keep playing and get it sooner or later....

It seems you need to press multi quote then quote for this to appear with name of poster! Like I said it sucks to be new!!!!:dink:

Thanks again Guys....

aczdreign
08-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I usually just hit multi quote on all but the last one, on which I hit quote.
Works like a charm.

d.j.patterson
08-12-2010, 01:52 PM

Hey, I got it. Thanks guys!