PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tom PoI

PKRMAT
08-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I recently broke down and bought a GPS for my car. (I know a man that doesn't ask for directions, BUT in my defense, I have only gotten lost twice in the last 25 odd years of driving). It is a Tom Tom. My question is this; I can create a points of interest file that can be shared with other Tom Tom users. If I made one of meaderies in the US, would that be a good thing?

akueck
08-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I think it's a fun idea. A who's who check of the meaderies currently operating would be good for an update to the site, independent of GPS functionality.

wayneb
08-26-2010, 09:46 AM
That would be an excellent thing! BTW - I've been thinking about setting up a GeoCache site that would offer a coupon good to exchange for a bottle of mead at my place. I'd use coupons rather than burying bottles of mead since I'm sure once found by an enterprising individual, that person might be tempted to go back to the site over and over again to see if I'd replenished it. ;D

SO, if any of you folks happen to be GeoCachers and if you would think that this might be a cool variation on the little certs and trinkets that one usually finds at a cache site, let me know. :)

dave_witt
08-26-2010, 01:08 PM
I would love you for this, wayneb. :-D

dave_witt
08-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Huh, my last post didn't go through apparently. Anyways, yes, wayneb, that's a great idea. :-)

And I'd love to see a new list of operating meaderies. I know of at least one here in New York.

PKRMAT
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I think it's a fun idea. A who's who check of the meaderies currently operating would be good for an update to the site, independent of GPS functionality.

That is one of my main thoughts, I think B Nektar opened in 08 and is listed as opening soon.

I like to travel, and like to visit wineries and meaderies. But other than researching the area we are going to OR following an outdated list ...

wildoates
08-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Well, you're not supposed to put food (or drink) in a cache, so rhe ticket idea would be swell! I'd love to find something like that, just beware that if your cache is in a high traffic location you could be out a lot of mead. :)

Most of the folks at our mead tasting party in February were geocachers who are waiting impatiently for the next one (early November).

wildoates
08-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Oh, and no burying. :)

wildoates
08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
So strange...I posted to this thread last night and up pops a dialog box telling me my comment had to be moderated, and neither of them are here. Too weird!