PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

srkaeppler
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Hey Everyone-

I just wanted to say Hello! I am new to the forums! I joined these at the suggestion of wayneb, who I have been working with while he is doing a project where I live. I am new to brewing as a whole. Just brewed my first batch of beer fairly recently, with the second coming due soon. I am hoping to also get into winemaking and just want to learn whatever I can! So any suggestions are appreciated. I also just posted in the wine forum, so if you have any follow ups that would be great.

mmclean
09-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Hello srkaeppler,

Welcome to GotMead?

This is the place to learn about brewing. I visit other sites, but this is "home".

Here's to your brewing success. Cheers! :occasion14:

-M-

Tannin Boy
09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Welcome srkaeppler,

This is one of the best places to start your brewing journey.
You will enjoy the folks here for sure and the knowledge base is second to none!
Take a moment to look over the newbie section as it has a wealth of information
too.

Cheers,

TB

Chevette Girl
09-10-2010, 11:37 AM
This is the place to learn about brewing. I visit other sites, but this is "home".

-M-

I second that sentiment, the people here really know what they're doing and they don't point and yell "NOOB!" when you ask a question that "everybody" already knows the answer to.

AToE
09-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I'll support that as well, especially when it comes to mead, because there are so many other sources out there with outdated and conflicting information. This is THE place, if someone finds info elsewhere concerning mead that contradicts something here, it's a very safe bet that this place is correct and the other source wrong.

Even not for mead, I've never found a site with even close to the amount and quality of fermentation management information this site has.