PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to "Oskaarz Raalfael der Vogelhundt"

Oskaar
09-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Some of you may know that I had to put pFredd (my 17 year old German Shorthaired Pointer) down in November of 2009. It was a very sad day indeed, but, he had a great life and was a loyal friend, excellent hunter, had impeccable taste in women and knew how to party with the best of them.

After a time I felt like I was ready to get another hunting partner and was able to get in touch with the breeder who brought pFredd into my world.

So without further ado, please give a big GotMead welcome to:

Oskaarz Raalfael der Vogelhundt (I call him Raalfe for short)

akueck
09-16-2010, 06:54 PM
So little!

The most important question: what is his favorite mead?

Congrats on the new addition!

mmclean
09-16-2010, 07:19 PM
"Welcome to GotMead?"

Is he really pointing already? :o

Way to go Raalfe!

Oskaar
09-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Like pFredd he's a teatotaler, at least so far. I generally don't feed my birddogs booze of any kind so as not to interfere with their noses, or risk any long term reduction of scenting ability for hunting.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
"Welcome to GotMead?"

Is he really pointing already? :o

Way to go Raalfe!

Heck yeah, he's totally pointing already.

He's at sixteen weeks now and goes on full point. I've got him catching a tennis ball when I throw it to him, and he's pretty solid on sit, down, stay, here and does not pull on the lead at all when out and about. Smart boy, but still very much a precocious and feisty puppy!

Tannin Boy
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Like pFredd he's a teatotaler, at least so far. I generally don't feed my birddogs booze of any kind so as not to interfere with their noses, or risk any long term reduction of scenting ability for hunting.

Cheers,

Oskaar

I must confess, I have never thought of giving my Brit an alcoholic cocktail..
What I have offered up is a T bone steak after a whooping day over grouse;D

To Future Hunts and all that it brings to living the outdoor life!

TB

wildoates
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Congratulations, Papa! 17 years is a good long time for a dog to keep you company, I hope that this boy gives you at least 17 more!

He's gorgeous!

Jord
09-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Congrats! My in-laws have the same breed and he's an amazing hunting dog.

darkangel
07-19-2012, 02:17 AM
Congrats! My in-laws have the same breed and he's an amazing hunting dog.

Congrats for that.

Cheers ;D