PDA

View Full Version : Fermaid K: Alternative to catnip?

teejay58
09-28-2010, 09:54 AM
i have all my stuff in a shoe box: yeast nutrients, campden tablets, metabisulfate, bottle washers, etc. Unfortunately, I thought I could leave the shoe box on the dining room table. Three times now, my cat has gotten into my box, rummaged around, and dug out the yeast nutrients. She bites thru the bag and slobbers on it for a while, sometimes spreading granules of the stuff all over the table. I've lost a bag of Fermax and two bags of Fermaid K this way. Finally moved the box into a closet before she gets a hankering for DAP. I don't know whether she likes the yeast hulls or some other chemical. But I hope it doesn't hurt her. Anybody else have experience with cats eating their nutrients? LOL

d.j.patterson
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
This is exactly why all of my equipment and nutrients are now in a sealed rubbermaid container. My cats specifically targeted my yeast nutrient, Fermaid-K and GoFerm. Mysteriously they left all of the other chemicals alone.

BrewinNColorado
09-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I believe there must be something in the ingrediants because my dog has done the same thing as well.

Michael

BBBF
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
That's funny. My dog just did this tonight. I measured out the ferm k and DAP that I needed and left the tea spoon on the coffee table and he started to lick it.

akueck
09-28-2010, 11:08 PM
It's the yeast. My cats go after yeast hulls, FermaidK, and GoFerm. DAP, tannin, sulfite, and the rest go untouched. My one cat even got a bag of nutrient from the top of the closet (not really sure how...).