PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Quick Pyment question

fathand
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I do not have a spare carboy at the moment but would like to start a batch of Joe's Quick Pyment.

If I get this batch going in a plastic bucket will the grape juice stain my bucket. I am not worried so much about the cosmetic issue but I do not want the bucket to forever to taste like grape juice.

Advice please.

Chevette Girl
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Pink cleanser (chlorinated trisodium phosphate) has taken care of most stains and odours for me so far no matter what I've put in my fermentation buckets... admittedly cinnamon does take a couple of soakings to get out...

Clurin
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I did a large, dark berry melomel in a plastic container, and a smaller, concord grape... thing in a 2 gallon plastic bucket. Neither of them stained from the berries.

Chevette Girl
10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
The only thing I've found that stains like crazy is wild grapes but the pink cleanser does the trick on that stain too. Most of my buckets have a lingering odour of general fermentation but you'd never be able to pick out what fruit...

Medsen Fey
10-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Soaking in a concentrated solution of PBW has always removed any odors from my buckets. The only thing I've seen that PBW has not been able to take all the odor from is synthetic corks.