PDA

View Full Version : new article on mead

Dan McFeeley
10-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Hello all --

Wanted to pass on that I had an article published in the Fall 2010 edition of Repast, a quarterly publication of the Culinary Historians of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The article was on English meadmaking in the Medieval period, and just came out. Not only is GotMead.com mentioned, but I used some of the conversations on crafting a Robin Hood mead on the forums as a good lead in for the article.

This is a leading periodical in food-history in North America, GotMead.com continues to move forward!

Also -- B. Nektar meadery is featured in one of the photos accompanying the article. Good advertisement for Brad!

--

dave_witt
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Do you have a link to the journal/article?

icedmetal
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Is there an online version of the article? :)

Medsen Fey
10-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Congratulations Dan!

How can we get a copy of that publication?

wayneb
10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Way to go, Dan!! Congrats on getting the article published, and yes, I'd like to read it eventually, too, if it is available online somewhere. Let us know....

Dan McFeeley
10-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks! They have a web site for the society and the newsletter:

http://www.culinaryhistoriansannarbor.org/index2.html

http://www.culinaryhistoriansannarbor.org/newsletter2.html

Online back issues are only available through 2007 but you should be able to order a copy. I can also s-mail you a copy if you want to send me an address by PM.

This is a really interesting newsletter, I sent in a subscription after receiving my copies.

--

Brad Dahlhofer
10-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Hello all --

Wanted to pass on that I had an article published in the Fall 2010 edition of Repast, a quarterly publication of the Culinary Historians of Ann Arbor, Michigan. The article was on English meadmaking in the Medieval period, and just came out. Not only is GotMead.com mentioned, but I used some of the conversations on crafting a Robin Hood mead on the forums as a good lead in for the article.

This is a leading periodical in food-history in North America, GotMead.com continues to move forward!

Also -- B. Nektar meadery is featured in one of the photos accompanying the article. Good advertisement for Brad!

--

Whoa! That's awesome. Thanks! It's great to be appreciated. And free publicity is awesome too.