PDA

View Full Version : Any Halloween Mead being served tomorrow?

chiguire
10-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Do any of you have holiday meads that you consistently serve?

A fun halloween mead may be to serve with dry ice. It would turn it into a sparkling mead and add some novelty to the party.

Chevette Girl
10-31-2010, 01:47 AM
No, but I start a pumpkin mead shortly AFTER Hallowe'en most years... :)

YogiBearMead726
10-31-2010, 02:16 PM
My Meados de los Muertos is pretty tasty, so I'm probably going to make it into a holiday special release. I guess that depends on how it's received at the tasting I'm hosting for some friends though. Spicy Mayan chocolate isn't everyone's cup of tea...er...mead. :p

wildoates
10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
No mead for me tonight, too soon after Friday's surgery. I do have one beer bottle of last year's pumpkin mead, though...wonder how it tastes a year later?

YogiBearMead726
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I do have one beer bottle of last year's pumpkin mead, though...wonder how it tastes a year later?

Sounds tasty! ;D

Medsen Fey
11-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I was going to make a batch with pumpkin this year, and I saved the pumpkin that I scooped out our Jack-O-Lantern. I had about 6 pound, but Little Wifey commandeered it for a soup recipe. Drats! Foiled again.... :(

YogiBearMead726
11-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I was going to make a batch with pumpkin this year, and I saved the pumpkin that I scooped out our Jack-O-Lantern. I had about 6 pound, but Little Wifey commandeered it for a soup recipe. Drats! Foiled again.... :(

How were you going to prepare the pumpkin innards? I assume roasting, but I haven't made a pumpkin batch yet...it's high on my to-do list so that I can have some ready to bring to a Halloween party next year with a pumpkin as the "keg". :)

Chevette Girl
11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Not sure about using the pumpkin as the keg (I've seen it done with watermelon & rum and the spigot got clogged almost immediately), but when I prep my pumpkins for winemaking or soup or pie, I just strain the seeds out by hand and leave most of the gook where it is, it's got just as much if not more flavour.

I guess you 'Mericans still have Thanksgiving coming up, but up here, right now is the best time to get pumpkins - the farmers practically give them away after Hallowe'en.

We're picking up a trailerload tomorrow for my swordhandling group's annual Pumpkin Cutting on Saturday, but I'm going to try to smurf a couple good ones for myself before we hack them all to bits with swords, axes and sledgehammers...

Wolfie
11-03-2010, 02:01 AM
pulling off a pumpkin braggot soon. Was going to use malted pumpkin seeds but the damn things just never really sprouted...