• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Anyone else in MA??

Barrel Char Wood Products

Golddiggie

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2010
Nashua, NH (USA)
photo.golddiggie.com
Is anyone else residing in either eastern or central MA, or even southern NH and ME?? I'm in what's considered "Metro West" basically between the 128 belt and 495 belt (closer to 128 though)... Thought it would be nice to connect with some other 'locals' that are also making mead... If there are enough, I'll start a meetup group... I do already have a LinkedIN group for NorthEast Home Brewers, if anyone's interested (send me a PM)...

dave_witt

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Oct 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Was hoping to find people close enough that we could meet up from time to time...
Well, I include a slightly larger area in "drivable" range than most people do. If you have a meet or something set up, give me a heads up and I might be able to make it. A 2 hour drive is usually OK with me.

Golddiggie

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2010
Nashua, NH (USA)
photo.golddiggie.com
I've located a good source for fruits that can be used in meads/melomel's... Restaurant Depot (the one I go to) has mango's, prickly pears, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi's, and more, all at reasonable prices (and much better than I've seen them in the grocery store)... If anyone in the area wants to get together for a run, let me know... We could, also, go back to the hovel and mix up a batch, or three... :D I had to get an 18" whip while I was there, along with a good skimmer (much better than using a spoon)... ;D

Also, post up what weekend(s) are good for you to have a gathering... I realize that things could be tight before xmas, so it could be early next year too...

I'm pretty stoked about having a close by place where I can get these different fruits...

SpamDog

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2006
Well, I am not super local as I am in Northern Vermont. However I have family in the Manchester, NH area that we visit every few months, I'd love to be able to join in on some gatherings if I can make them coincide with a visit down that way. Keep me in mind if you start something

SpamDog

Golddiggie

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2010
Nashua, NH (USA)
photo.golddiggie.com
I'm bottling brews tomorrow, and trying to get a brew-day together for next Saturday (the 11th)...

Once any of my mead batches are ready for next stage, I'll post up... I'm hoping that will be sometime soon...

Send me a PM for when you'll be down this way next and I'll let you know what's going on as that time grows near...

Golddiggie

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2010
Nashua, NH (USA)
photo.golddiggie.com
I think I had seen that someplace before Brad, but thanks for the reminder...

I am starting a brew on Saturday (hope my honey arrives tomorrow/Friday) that's going to be a modified vanilla porter... If any other members want to come on down to Natick, I can fit a few more people in the brew-house/kitchen... ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns