PDA

View Full Version : Life is good.

dover157
12-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Christmas tree is up and lit, children are in bed, nice fire going in the wood stove, reading tips and tricks for making mead and wine from the great people here. Most importantly my first batch of JAO is finally comming into its own and im savoring a glass as I read and type. Yep life is good.

phreebyrd
12-01-2010, 02:40 AM
cant ask for much more than that...

Golddiggie
12-01-2010, 03:24 AM
How long ago did you start you JAO?? What kind is it? Come on man, details... lol

fatbloke
12-01-2010, 05:49 AM
It's all lies..... the eastern section of the M25 London orbital is at a standstill, and has been for over an hour.

There's even a bloke out of his car (in the fast lane) building a snowman between the crash barriers.......

Ah well, sh1t happens.......

regards

fatbloke

wayneb
12-01-2010, 12:04 PM
the eastern section of the M25 London orbital is at a standstill...

SOP in every weather event, if memory serves....

But I do like that mental image of the snowman builder in action! ;D

Tannin Boy
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM
SOP in every weather event, if memory serves....

But I do like that mental image of the snowman builder in action! ;D

Interesting, It was the first day of snow for us here and about 2" of the wet stuff hit the pavement...And believe it or not most have forgotten how to stop?
Can you imagine that :eek:

TB

Golddiggie
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Interesting, It was the first day of snow for us here and about 2" of the wet stuff hit the pavement...And believe it or not most have forgotten how to stop?
Can you imagine that :eek:

TB

Living in New England, I see it all the time... People forget to adjust their stopping distances depending on the weather... Happens less often in rain than snow, but still happens... I've also seen people go ~10mph (total) in the snow, when there's less than an inch on the road (and it's stopped coming down)... Maybe I'm jaded since I learned to drive in Florida, where you get white-out conditions due to rain a lot in the 'rainy season'... Downpours that make most storms up here look like sprinkles... I've had to go through deep water before (no other choice at times), you can do it (if it's not too deep), you just need to know how. Anything under 4" of standing water, on the road, makes me laugh... Anything under 10" of snow is no issue either (for me)... Makes me want to keep my 4x4 (small) truck...

Oh, and we're just getting rain over here in MA... No snow yet... :( I'm still waiting for the first snowfall of the season to bless us... :eek:;D

AToE
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Even up here people forget what it's like and seem to think they have force feilds surrounding their cars or something. Pedestrians also seem to think this...

You should see Vancouver when it snows though, WAY worse! They act like it's the end of the world (even though it happens every year...). I remember one of my co-workers saw about a cm of snow on the ground and just left his car at work, figured taking the train was safer!

dover157
12-01-2010, 10:45 PM
LOL gold, this batch was concived on 9-13-10, so is still young is just a straight follow the directions JAO. and Fatbloke, sorry to hear that people on the wrong side of the pond forget how to motor just cause there is a little snow on the ground, not supprised (they drive on the wrong side of the road) just sorry lol.:p

Chevette Girl
12-02-2010, 01:24 PM
You should see Vancouver when it snows though, WAY worse! They act like it's the end of the world (even though it happens every year...). I remember one of my co-workers saw about a cm of snow on the ground and just left his car at work, figured taking the train was safer!

Well, if everyone's that stupid about snow I'd leave my car there too! Even in Ottawa, the first snowfall has an insane accident rate... I'm so glad I'm unemployed so I can just stay off the road until everyone else remembers how to drive in winter!!

dover157, congrats on having a lovely evening enjoying the fruits of your labour!!

Golddiggie
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
LOL gold, this batch was concived on 9-13-10, so is still young is just a straight follow the directions JAO.

Sure, keep poking this bear in the eye... Go ahead...

I'll be lucky if I have anything (for mead) to drink in a few months... Although, the blackberry melomel might be ready by then... Although, I'm thinking probably closer to summer time... I'm itching to get it to the aging stage. I'm going to wait until then to decide if I'm going to age over more blackberries or not... Since I can get them at reasonable prices now, and high quality (year round) I'm not concerned about needing to find frozen berries to use... ;D

Maybe that's the reason for the bad driving... No one has warmed their berries when the first snow fall comes...