PDA

View Full Version : Mead nightmares

dave_witt
12-09-2010, 09:49 AM
So. Last night I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that I thought it was a good idea to add sugar to my 5 gallons of cyser currently clearing. The sugar, obviously, started the cyser degassing. Not only did the cyser degas a great amount, but the sugar (in a dream-like fashion) immediately fermented to a layer of pure ethanol. All in all, I dreamt that I lost about 3 gallons of my precious mead, and that I had about half a gallon of completely undrinkable rocket fuel separating me from what remained. :(

Brad Dahlhofer
12-10-2010, 01:13 AM
You're not alone. I also have nightmares about my meads. Maybe I need a therapist. ;)

wildoates
12-10-2010, 01:15 AM
You're not alone. I also have nightmares about my meads. Maybe I need a therapist. ;)

They say you dream about what you're thinking about, so I guess I'm not surprised. :)

skunkboy
12-10-2010, 01:19 AM
At least your thinking about your mead/cyser, at least enough for you dreams to dredge it up anyhow ... ;-)

akueck
12-10-2010, 01:30 AM
My dreams all revolve around work these days. Last night I was bowling with the head of marketing. The night before I was working out the details of our finicky test method validation. I think bowling was the better option, let's hope for something fun again tonight, only not with marketing. Maybe laser? I've been dragged through laser too much lately...

kudapucat
12-10-2010, 03:12 AM
I don't remember the last time I could remember a dream by the time morning came about. I envy you all that.

dave_witt
12-10-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't remember the last time I could remember a dream by the time morning came about. I envy you all that.

Oh, that's nothing. I used to have lucid dreams all the time back in college. Other than one last month, I haven't had any in ages, though.

Another dream oddity: one of my best friends can't dream in color. She always dreams in black & white, and though she's not colorblind, she thought that was normal. She was shocked when we told her that everyone we all knew dreamt in color.

dave_witt
12-10-2010, 08:37 AM
At least your thinking about your mead/cyser, at least enough for you dreams to dredge it up anyhow ... ;-)

Yeah, usually it's nightmares of my advisor hunting me down for one paper or another. ;-)

phreebyrd
12-19-2010, 03:26 AM
my wife tells me i wake yelling "turn of the water your flooding the damn house" ( i think ive been plumbing to long!) its funny cuz she tells she will just answer me back an say she turned off the water an i go back to sleep but i dont remember a thing....she also tells me i yell at my helpers in my sleep......maybe i have anger issues....

mmclean
12-19-2010, 08:33 AM
my wife tells me i wake yelling "turn of the water your flooding the damn house" ( i think ive been plumbing to long!) its funny cuz she tells she will just answer me back an say she turned off the water an i go back to sleep but i dont remember a thing....she also tells me i yell at my helpers in my sleep......maybe i have anger issues....

That's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. :laughing7: