• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Meadllennium 2011

Barrel Char Wood Products

OCurrans

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 18, 2004
Oviedo, FL
www.cfhb.org
Meadllennium 2011 is just around the corner. It will be held on January 29th in Orlando, FL. Online registration will open late December, and entries will be accepted from January 1 to January 24. Cost is still $6.00. The medals and specially engraved glasses have been ordered.

This is an AHA/BJCP competition, and we will be judging all BJCP mead categories (24 A, B, C), (25 A, B, C) and (26 A, B, C). We also expect to, once again, split category (25 C) and award medals for dry, medium and sweet. We have added a special category this year. All meads that are wood-aged will compete for a special prize.

So, dig those awesome meads out of your closet or cellar, and dust them off. This would also be a good time to bottle those meads you have been bulk-aging, so they will have a time to rest, before you ship them.

Details and drop-off locations will be on the website in a couple of days. Check us out at www.cfhb.org/mead.

mmclean

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jul 22, 2010
Tennessee Valley
I would love to enter my Oaked JAO, but at just six months I think it's still to young. I will save three bottles for next year though.

Best of luck to all Gotmead Meadcrafters.

YogiBearMead726

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Francisco, CA
If that category is around next year, I'll have some koa-ed (koa wood instead of oak...hope that still qualifies since it is just a "wood" category) acacia honey traditional to enter. :)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns